• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other] Is there a script for exchanging a pokémon for an item?

Years
  • Age 84
  • Seen Sep 23, 2023
Is there a script for exchanging a pok?mon for an item?

I want to be able to add the fossils from the other generation into Fire Red. I do know how to make a give pok?mon script, but I don't know how to do it so that you only receive the pok?mon if you give the npc a specific item, in this case, a fossil. How can I do that?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Dec 16, 2018
I want to be able to add the fossils from the other generation into Fire Red. I do know how to make a give pok?mon script, but I don't know how to do it so that you only receive the pok?mon if you give the npc a specific item, in this case, a fossil. How can I do that?

You can use CHeckitem command and removeitem command to do what you are trying to do.

example:
Code:
checkitem 0xD 0x1
compare LASTRESULT 0x1
if 0x1 goto @1

#org @1
givepokemon 0x1 0x1 0x0 0x0 0x0 0x0 @I don't remember how many fillers does this command have
removeitem 0xD 0x1

That would work.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Sep 28, 2022
You can use CHeckitem command and removeitem command to do what you are trying to do.

example:
Code:
checkitem 0xD 0x1
compare LASTRESULT 0x1
if 0x1 goto @1

#org @1
givepokemon 0x1 0x1 0x0 0x0 0x0 0x0 @I don't remember how many fillers does this command have
removeitem 0xD 0x1

That would work.

Also you find a detailed video tutorial by Anthroyd here: youtube.com/watch?v=H47rkg9sGzM
Everything you need is included in that vid.

Years
  • Age 84
  • Seen Sep 23, 2023

example:
Code:
checkitem 0xD 0x1
compare LASTRESULT 0x1
if 0x1 goto @1

#org @1
removeitem 0xD 0x1

That would work.

Thanks, I had already figured out tho.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Feb 26, 2020
I don't remember how many fillers this command has

It takes 6:
latest

Back