• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Graphics] Sprite Glitch (E)

Years
    • Seen Jun 12, 2021
    First post, so someone let me know if I'm doing something wrong.

I've been working on this small script for upwards of 5 hours now and I can't seem to figure out what's causing the corruption of my upward and downward resting sprites (photo attached). Originally I thought it might be that I was using unsafe flags, but after replacing them and ultimately trying to omit them, I found that this wasn't the case. In fact, I stripped the offset down to just lock, msgbox, release, and end commands and was still facing the same problem. The only pattern I could find was that the more commands I issued in the script, the more sprites got corrupted. When I say this I mean that if I added more pointers with nothing more than the aforementioned commands, not only would my upward and downward facing sprites be ruined, but more and more sprites in the walking animation would look this way (resting left/right, walking up/down, etc). It might be helpful to know that the offset is for a person event I added on Route 115, so it's not the case that this only occurs after I've talked to the person.

Script is as follows:
    #dynamic 0x481DD5

#org @start
    lock
    checkflag 0x202
    if 0x0 goto @goToSH
    checkflag 0x1221
    if 0x1 goto @condition
    trainerbattle 0x0 0x356 0x0 @beforeI @afterI
    msgbox @shock 0x6
    release
    end

#org @goToSH
    msgbox @noTalk 0x6
    release
    end

#org @noTalk
    = He seems too distracted to talk.

#org @condition
    msgbox @edge 0x6
    faceplayer
    trainerbattle 0x0 0x356 0x0 @beforeBC @afterBC
    fadescreen 0x1
    hidesprite 0x24
    setflag 0x206
    fadescreen 0x0
    release
    end

#org @edge
    = What I'd do for a chance at\nrevenge.

#org @beforeI
    = Maybe you can help me release all\nthis pent up anger!

#org @afterI
    = Gah! Losing hurts, but not as much\nas betrayal.

#org @shock
    = I can't believe they did this to\nme...

#org @beforeBC
    = Did you know you're talking to the\nman who invented the repeat ball?\lOf course not.\lNo one does because Devon Corp.\lstole my invention!\lI'd do anything to get my design\lback.\l...\lYou say you're looking for people\lto help you take on Devon HQ?\lI'd love to help, but I need to\lmake sure you can carry your own\lweight, first!

#org @afterBC
    = Well you've certainly got the\nmuscle. I think we can do this!\lI'll be waiting out front.

Someone save me from this nightmare.

Attachments

• IMG_2323.JPG
      IMG_2323.JPG
      31.5 KB · Views: 11
    • IMG_2324.JPG
      IMG_2324.JPG
      31.2 KB · Views: 10
    Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 13, 2023
    I've got the same problem with a similar script. Did you ever happen to find a way to fix it? If not I guess I'll just try again with a backed up rom and hope it doesn't happen again

Back