• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Need help with my VGC Trick Room team

Years
Okay so I just recently got into competitive battling and I was hoping you guys could help me out. I decided to make a trick room team and I'm doing OKAY at best when I battle. I'm willing to switch around pretty much anybody, I'm not like overly attached to any of the Pokemon to the point where I MUST have them on my team or anything. I do love my Togekiss, but I'm willing to let him go for better options. Okay so here's my team:

All of my following Pokemon have 31 IVs in everything they need, and they all have 0 IVs in speed.

Togekiss@Rocky Helmet- 252 Hp/252 Sp. Def
Follow Me
Air Slash
Aura Sphere
Protect

Metagross@Normal Gem- 252 Hp/252 Atk
Meteor Mash
Hammer Arm
EQ
Explosion(Crazy damage with normal gem)

Snorlax@Chesto Berry- 252 Atk/180 Sp. Def/72 Def
Return
Crunch
Belly Drum
Rest

Reuniclus@Life Orb- 172 Hp/ 36 Def/252 Sp. Atk/ 48 Sp. Def
Trick Room
Shadow Ball
Psychic
Focus Blast

Dusclops@Eviolite- 252 Sp. Def/ 252 Def
Rock Slide
Trick Room
Will-o-Wisp
Pain Split

Druddigon@Yache Berry- 252 Hp/252 Atk
Dragon Claw
Sucker Punch
Rock Slide
Protect

Other info, I find myself opening with Dusclops and Togekiss a lot. Togekiss for the Follow me to pretty much guarantee the Trick Room set up in case of taunt, however I do just use Protect a lot as well on the first turn. I typically use Metagross and Reuniclus as my other two. Reuniclus for a back up Trick Room and Metagross for just his power and coverage. I find that I have trouble with quite a bit of "Goodstuffs" teams. I guess that's it, and any help is greatly appreciated.

Edit- I took out Snorlax and Druddigon from the team because I found that I wasn't using them much. However, I am still only doing okay at best when I'm battling. So now I added:

Weavile@Expert Belt- 252 Atk/ 252 Spe
Fake Out
Ice Punch
Night Slash
Low Kick

Rotom-W@Sitrus Berry- 252 HP/252 Sp. Atk
Hydro Pump
Thunderbolt
Hidden Power Dragon
Protect

Last edited:

.MiKeY

Tank Operator
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 27, 2016
TR Cress could pose problems for your team, as it can reverse TR and then a faster mon could Taunt your mon preventing it from setting up TR.

I will look more into this tomorrow, as it is nearly 5 in the morning and I can barely think atm. xD

Years
TR Cress could pose problems for your team, as it can reverse TR and then a faster mon could Taunt your mon preventing it from setting up TR.

I will look more into this tomorrow, as it is nearly 5 in the morning and I can barely think atm. xD
Haha, no problem. I was changing around my team a bit and I took out druddigon and snorlax because I found that I was rarely using them, and I replaced them with rotom-w and weavile. I know that they don't really work under trick room conditions, I just pick them when I don't feel like trick room will work because of taunters or people that are prepared for it.

.MiKeY

Tank Operator
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 27, 2016
You may want to update your first post so we know what exact changes you made.

HP Dragon isn't doing too much there, change to Ice to hit Garchomp, Dragonite, and Salamence harder. Or change it to fire for Scizor and Ferrothorn.

Last edited:
Years
You may want to update your first post so we know what exact changes you made.

HP Dragon isn't doing too much there, change to Ice to hit Garchomp, Dragonite, and Salamence harder. Or change it to fire for Scizor and Ferrothorn.
True, I thought of that after wards, I'm leaning towards HP fire so he doesnt get shut down by ferrothorn.

Back