• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Elementa Prism

Princess Sapphire

Master Expert
Years
    • Age 37
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 17, 2023
    Heya PokéCommumity,

It's been ages since I've frequented the PokéForums, but I have been trying to work on an incredible idea I've had for a Pokémon fan-game that I would like to try and develop. But I know almost nothing about game design as a whole. I tried taking a college course for game design, but it proved too technical for me. Anyone interested in helping me fully develop this idea, please feel free to PM me

With that in mind, I have no idea what kind of engine I could use or any kit that could help. I am still working on map tiles, which are of my own design. At the moment, all I have done is the overall map for the region, which can be viewed on my DeviantArt page here:

https://ladysaraphia.deviantart.com/gallery

Now with all that aside, allow me to introduce you to my nearly-lifelong Pokémon game project:

Elementa Prism​

For quite a while now, I have wanted to contribute to the Pokémon franchise. I have had so many ideas, but this one I feel is the best. I would really like this to be an unforgettable experience for anyone that plays, whether or not you're a fan of Pokémon

Features

Features include a different approach to the story, based on what you pick at the start when choosing your default trainer avatar. In addition to choosing your gender and basic look, you can also choose of you are an ordinary trainer, or if you are an Elementa (More details on that in the Story section). This feature borrows From Avatar: The Last Airbender, in that that you can be a trainer who can actually harness one of the Pokémon types as an elemental power. As an Elementa, the battles you take part in can vary. It can be any form of ordinary Pokémon battle - IE: Single, Double, Rotation, Tag-Team, etc....... OR, the trainers themselves can duke it out in an Element Duel, using their element abilities to basically use Pokémon attacks for themselves

In addition to choosing if you're an ordinary trainer or an Elementa, there is the added twist that Elementas have there own set of challenges known as the Elementa Trials. This is similar to the Trials we got in the 7th gen. There is one for every known type, and 2 new types, bringing the total to 20. There is also the traditional 8 gyms, which in this game relate to the rainbow. Anyone that knows what ROY G BIV means, knows what I'm getting at. But since that has just 7 , and the gyms are traditionally 8, I added pink at the beginning. So that makes the gyms have their type correspond to the appropriate colors, and stay in rainbow order

Regardless of which you choose to be, there will be many side-quests for you to do, akin to what Pokémon Rangers do. This is a plot point, since your character is actually a very important person in the region. (More details in Story Section) The only difference would be if you choose to be an Elementa, you can used your own element power instead of having a Pokémon do it (But that can also vary, depending on which element you choose to harness. And like in Avatar, you can only harness one element. So if you want to be an Elementa, choose carefully)

As an Elementa, you take the Elementa Trials and obtain the Z-Crystals, while using your element powers to help people and maintain the Balance of Nature. As an ordinary trainer, you challenge the gyms, but still help the people. Regular trainers may not have the element powers, but they do have the option of taking the Trials in order to obtain any specific Z-Crystal they want. Elementas have to obtain all Z-Crystal regardless, and cannot challenge the gyms. Regardless of which path you choose, once you obtain all badges/Z-Crystals, the end of it is the same, with a Pokémon League that both normal trainers and Elementas can take part in. There will be a special branch for Elelentas who choose to challenge the League with Element Duels, as there is an ordinary E4, and an Elementa variant. If you wish to do half normal-half Elementa, or a 1-3 mix of it, there will be a chance after each battle to decide what the next battle can be, and a chance to switch out Pokémon as needed. There will be a PC in the space between each E4's room so you can do this. But once you enter the next room, you can't go back to change your team. And like normal, once you enter the first room, you can't leave until you win all battles, or all Pokémon faint, whichever comes first. Even though it is basically an Elite 8, it is still considered the Elite 4, and once 4 trainers have been defeated, the title is yours. After that, there will still be challengers for your title, and many other side-quests to do

In addition to all the Elementa stuff, there will even be an option to choose what kind of battle you do with regular trainers. Single, Double, triple, Rotation, Tag-Team, etc. The closest a normal trainer can have to an Element Duel, is an Element Battle, which is a 1-on-1 battle with Pokémon of a specified type (please note, only Pokémon that are pure or primary can qualify for this kind of battle. IE - Breloom can qualify for a Grass Element Battle, but not a Fighting one. If you choose to do an Element Battle, make sure a qualifying Pokémon is in front)

Features from Official Games

The Underground and Mining

I really liked the Underground in the Gen 4 games. Risma will have an Underground network that acts as a sub-region. The mining feature form Gen 4 is also improved upon, in that certain Pokémon can be used to help dig

Secret Bases

I also like the secret bases from Gen 3. In this game, it is greatly improved, in that you can have multiple bases across the region, can freely expand and determine the size of each, and have more possible locations for it. Tree, Bush, Desert Sand Pit, Cave, in the Underground, and even in an Underwater Cave, with access to an air pocket for breathing

Sky Battles

This feature takes a more literal approach from the official, in that you are on a Ride Pokémon and literally do the battle in the sky

Ride Pokémon and HMs

Ride Pokémon was an incredible feature in Gen 7. In my game, it has been tweaked a bit, and HMs have been fully removed. Any Pokémon can now be a Ride Pokémon, and they do not need to know an HM in order to use the move. They do not even need to capable of knowing the move, but they are still limited in that you either need a certain number of badges/Z-Crystals, or you need a Pokémon that can "naturally" do the desired move. IE - You can ride any Pokémon that is natrually capable of flying, but it does not need to know Fly or be capable of knowing it

Like in SM/USUM, the Ride Pokémon can be called to you via a pager, but it can literally be any Pokémon you have, even if it's not currently in your party. And calling it to be a Ride Pokémon won't take up a space in the party. So you can have a full party, and still call a Pokémon from the PC box to be a Ride Pokémon

There is even a new move for this. If it were to be an HM, it'd be called Lava Surf. This was first shown in a Pokémon Ranger game, and is a very cool idea in my opinion

Trainer Customization

I think it would be very foolish to not have this feature. In this game, you'd slowly gain access to many items to customize your look. There's all the basic stuff seen in Gen 6 and Gen 7, as well as culture/era-specific outfits and parts, like Kilts, togas, kimonos, armor, crowns/tiaras, cloaks/capes, etc.....

And once you have reach a certain point, you will be granted the option to literally design your own outfits. And maybe a way to share those designs with others. I'm not sure on any online feature at the moment

Story

The game actually starts with a history lesson, showing how the region and the "side culture" of Elementas came to be. The region is called Risma, and nearly 3,000 years ago, it was the site of a devastating war that broke out because of people wishing to seek out Arceus and use its powers for themselves. Instead of unleashing its Judgment, Arceus hid in a pocket dimension (Ultra wormhole reference not intended). The war ravage the land, and years later, Arceus re-emerges to see a barren wasteland. Again, instead of showing its rage with Judgment, Arceus decided to grant its power to a few humans it deems worthy, with the very specific condition that they never use the powers for ill-intent or any kind of personal gain. If Arceus ever finds out its powers were used for greed or harm, then it would unleash Judgment and fully destroy the region

That time of hardship became known as the Dark War, and is when Elementas first came to be. To the present time, Arceus remains in its pocket dimension, watching over everything. As people are born, it can decide who is worthy of harnessing its element power, and which element they would be most capable of. This means the being an Elementa is not hereditary or passed down. It is purely by Arceus' choice

In the present, Risma has grown and prospered into a vast kingdom. The player character is actually the prince/princess, and the opposite character is their sibling, who will also be the main rival. But instead of always trying to outdo or be better than you, they will often work with you and be a more supportive rival than most others have been. The professor also serves as the royal family advisor, so his lab is in the palace

As usual, as you go on your journey, there will be encounters with grunts from an enemy team. Team Shadow seeks to return to the time of the Dark War, by basically resuming it, and like the original, seek to use Arceus' power for themselves. They think of Elementas as mutants, and have been experimenting on them to try and extract their powers for ordinary people to use. They basically desire to be on "equal footing". They feel Elementas are "above" everyone else, and desire to "level the playing field" by either trying to become Elementas themselves, or by trying to use Arceus' power. They are basically trying to re-ignite the war as ordinary people VS Elementas. To either have everyone as Elementas, or no one as Elementas

As prince/princess, it up to you to maintain peace in Risma and not allow Team Shadow to achieve their goal. And you do that throughout your journey via the side-quests, in addition to the gym battles and Elementa Trials

Choose your approach, choose your starter, travel the region, maintain peace in the kingdom, and, if you're an Elementa, protect the balance between humans, Pokémon, and nature. In the end, the ultimate goal is, Do not enrage Arceus, or it will destroy Risma. The Elementas basically act as Arceus' representatives/ambassadors. Its way of making sure its powers are never used for evil

Progress

As mentioned in the intro, all I have at the moment is a map layout for Risma. I don't have any actual gameplay plans yet, but I do have a very basic idea on the plot, which I explain mostly in the Story section. I wish I had more to show, but things are at a standstill for me, since I am not versed in game design. I do have a FakeDex list, and I have one Fakemon drawn, but it is just a line art, and I do not know how to scan it into my computer in order to upload it. All current Pokémon will be available, and there are around 120 Fakemon I have, including a number of evolution connections to old Pokémon, and a few new formes. At the moment, no new Megas or regional variants. Not sure if I'll make any, or if they'll even be included

Since I don't have any gameplay or even screenshots to show, I can't really say how the game would look or feel. But would like it to feel a bit like LotR's Middle Earth, with modern technology mixed in. Largely dependent on nature, but not without technology. There will be power plants, a desert, some areas only accessible by Waterfall/Dive, an active volcano with an actual lava river, an ancient jungle where Arceus has its own temple, and there is a vast Underground network that acts as a sub-region, where some of the Trials take place, as well as all the mining features we had in Gen 4

Conclusion

All in all, I would really appreciate it of someone could help me move this idea along. I have good feelings that this would be an epic fan-game. But as stated before, I need a lot of help. I have no idea who to ask, or what to use

I know a lot of this might seem crazy and maybe impossible, but on that note, I also made it so a trainer can have up to 9 Pokémon at once, rather than the usual 6. Six always felt kind of limiting to me, and often wondered why it was set like that. There will also be an upgrade to every Pokémon's move pool, and having a 5th move added to the attacks a Pokémon can use. As with SM/USUM, the Z moves will be accessible once you obtain a Z-Crystal

After seeing some gameplay of other fan games like Uranium and Insurgence, I am considering borrowing a few features from those games, since I think they are really clever ideas

So that's all for now. Hope y'all like it

Last edited:
    Back