• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Velvet Room: A Persona Club

Star Arcana

Hope springs eternal
Years

• * Welcome to the Velvet Room*
    Home of PC's Persona Club

ATLUS-Minigame-e1343036366543.jpg

"Why hello there, welcome to PC's very own Persona club. What a remarkable guest you seem to be, hmm, this should prove most interesting... "​

I've noticed Persona being mentioned around the forum, and with Persona 5 having created hype for the series, I decided to create a place decided to all things Persona. But why a club and not a standard thread? My hope is that the Velvet Room can become a hub of sorts, where everything from sharing opinions to answering discussion prompts, to showing off fan-art, is encouraged...

This club is open to all Persona fans, and anyone who may be curious about the franchise. Newcomers are encouraged to check out Persona's TVtropes pages; unlike many other resources, most major spoilers are clouded. Another good resource is the Shin Megami Tensei Wiki*, though spoilers are not hidden and can be easy to encounter. *Persona is a spin-off of SMT, hence why the Wiki is named as such (this is a good hub if you're only looking for Persona material)

Although Ryuji's shirt may disagree with the idea, this club does have a few rules:

It's probably redundant, but important nonetheless, to mention that all PC rules are in effect; this isn't a safe room from them. I will also stress the importance of being respectful and polite; there's a lot of different opinions about certain facets of the series, and many do clash. This is completely fine, and while politely disagreeing and respectfully debating is encouraged, resorting to rude, insulting behavoiur won't be tolerated.

For the sake of newcomers and those who haven't played every title, please use tags to mask any major spoilers. That being said, censoring every minor spoiler is almost impossible, especially those from the older titles; be aware that some smaller reveals may be out in the open and you may get certain things spoiled​

WYWSsc01.jpg

Guest List:

Magilou - Chariot
    Catnip - Empress
    Starcana - Star
    Count DVB - Sun

Guest Sign-Up sheet
    Preferred Name:
    Represented Arcana*:
    Favourite Character(s):
    Reason for Joining:
    Other:

*Here is a list and additional information about the Major Arcana in the Persona games, which will prove helpful in choosing your Arcana, though note that there may be spoilers following the Overview

Last edited:

Star Arcana

Hope springs eternal
    Years

• The Velvet Gallery

Featured Creative Works:

Past Discussion Points
    What got you interested/into Persona?

Past Poll Results:

Current Discussion Point: If you had a Persona, what/who would it be? Why them?
    If you're unsure, you're welcome to give the people/characters you'd consider a mention!

[/cd]​

Last edited:

Star Arcana

Hope springs eternal
    Years
  • I'll get the ball rolling:

Preferred Name: Starcana
    Represented Arcana: *points to username*
    Favourite Character: Makoto Niijima
    Reason for Joining: It would be odd for the club founder not to join!
    Other: :3

As for my answer to the prompt, it was my brother who got me into Persona. He'd seen the P4 animation, which lead him to hype over P5. He bought the game, and I started watching him. I was hooked pretty freaking quickly, and the rest is history!

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    Preferred Name: Catnip
    Represented Arcana*: Empress I guess?
    Favourite Character: Futaba
    Reason for Joining: Persona looks cool, and I wanna get into it
    Other: SMT looks cool too

Star Arcana

Hope springs eternal
    Years
  • Preferred Name: Catnip
    Represented Arcana*: Empress I guess?
    Favourite Character: Futaba
    Reason for Joining: Persona looks cool, and I wanna get into it
    Other: SMT looks cool too

Awesome sauce! Welcome to the club! c:

Here's a cute Futaba pixel art to celebrate (credit to arinky-dink on tumblr)

tumblr_inline_orzdvnqpX91qjueiu_75sq.png

I'll probably post an arcana quiz soon, which should make that section easier for those who haven't picked one/don't know which to select. Stay tuned for that!

Also, I've added a (s) to the favourite character question, as it gives a bit more flexibility and room for expression. Considering the amount of characters introduced in the 5 titles, I think it's fair.

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    Makoto and Ann are close seconds for favorite character. I don't know the characters from the other games too well though :p

Star Arcana

Hope springs eternal
    Years
  • Makoto and Ann are close seconds for favorite character. I don't know the characters from the other games too well though :p

No worries, there are TONS of characters: I don't know much about the earlier ones X3

Haru, Hifumi, Yusuke, and Futaba are my other favs in P5. Based on the animation, Rise, Kanji, Yukiko, and Naoto are my favs from P4. The only things I know about P3 and earlier are from TVtropes, so I can't really make a proper judgement.

Star Arcana

Hope springs eternal
    Years
  • Preferred Name: Count DVB
    Represented Arcana: The Sun
    Favourite Character: Ryuji Sakamoto
    Reason for Joining: To support my girlfriend
    Other: Persona needs to keep absorbing more Jungian elements to be better

That's not a good reason, silly goose. cx

Either way, here's a cool Ryuji icon:

hjyaze65E8yYP7NTZyb7z1ZIhFMMY3JJ.png

Tell us the story about how you got into Persona! It's the convo prompt right now :3

I was somewhat interested in the series due to roleplaying some of it on my old forum, Serebii.Net back when I was a teen (like, Persona 4 not out yet).

However, my appreciation grew when I was able to play Persona 5, which is regarded as the most polished one. Despite the camera angles, the occasionally limited soundtrack and some of the story elements cliche of JRPGS, I adore it. The good guys are relatable, lovable and the people you want in your life while the bad guys, while exaggerated, do best represent the scum of adulthood and authority figures.

This game spoke to me like alot of folks my age and it was quite rewarding

Years
    • Age 38
    • Seen Feb 24, 2024
    Preferred Name: Magilou
    Represented Arcana: Chariot
    Favorite Characters: Chie Satonaka especially, with Adachi, Makoto, Shinjiro, and the P3P FeMC all closely behind.
    Reason For Joining: Persona is hype!
    Other: P3P FeMC needs to appear again.

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    Listened to a bit of the persona 5 soundtrack, and it's SOOOO good! I downloaded a few songs on my phone :p I might get the Persona 5 Take your heart edition for my birthday, or I might be crazy.

Star Arcana

Hope springs eternal
    Years
  • Preferred Name: Magilou
    Represented Arcana: Chariot
    Favorite Characters: Chie Satonaka especially, with Adachi, Makoto, Shinjiro, and the P3P FeMC all closely behind.
    Reason For Joining: Persona is hype!
    Other: P3P FeMC needs to appear again.

W00t! Welcoming you to the club!

Here's the Chie P4 animation plush to celebrate!

139118.jpg

Listened to a bit of the persona 5 soundtrack, and it's SOOOO good! I downloaded a few songs on my phone :p I might get the Persona 5 Take your heart edition for my birthday, or I might be crazy.

IKR?! That music is just amazing, and it fits the game super well. When Life Will Change comes on, you can't help but feel like an empowered beast as you bop your head and pwn baddies.

I came SOOO close to landing a fairly priced one on Ebay for my brother's Christmas gift, but it got several big up-bids toward the end and I couldn't keep up anymore. If you can get one and would like to share pics, that would be pretty cool! I want dat Mona plush, haha.

Alright, the topic question is pretty old now, so I'll change it up.

If you had a Persona, what/who would it be? Why? If you're unsure, you're welcome to give the people/characters you'd consider a mention!

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    W00t! Welcoming you to the club!

Here's the Chie P4 animation plush to celebrate!

139118.jpg

IKR?! That music is just amazing, and it fits the game super well. When Life Will Change comes on, you can't help but feel like an empowered beast as you bop your head and pwn baddies.

I came SOOO close to landing a fairly priced one on Ebay for my brother's Christmas gift, but it got several big up-bids toward the end and I couldn't keep up anymore. If you can get one and would like to share pics, that would be pretty cool! I want dat Mona plush, haha.

Alright, the topic question is pretty old now, so I'll change it up.

If you had a Persona, what/who would it be? Why? If you're unsure, you're welcome to give the people/characters you'd consider a mention!

If I were to get one, I'd probably go amazon... Pretty pricey but at least it guarantees me one. And uh, idk I don't know the personas that well...

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
  • Preferred Name: Messiah Satoshi
    Represented Arcana: Judgement
    Favourite Character: Minato, Marie, Futaba
    Reason for Joining: Interested in how long this will stay this time =D
    Other: Futaba is the raison d'etre

Topic: My Persona has been set for a long time. Yamata-no-Orochi. Since P3P, he's been following me not only in Persona but in other games as well.

Star Arcana

Hope springs eternal
    Years
  • Preferred Name: Messiah Satoshi
    Represented Arcana: Judgement
    Favourite Character: Minato, Marie, Futaba
    Reason for Joining: Interested in how long this will stay this time =D
    Other: Futaba is the raison d'etre

Topic: My Persona has been set for a long time. Yamata-no-Orochi. Since P3P, he's been following me not only in Persona but in other games as well.

Welcome to our little corner of Persona! I found a cool sig by Sinoth on DA to celebrate:

persona_3__minato_arisato_by_sirioth-d5gr0fo.png

Futaba is pretty awesome, I'll agree. Love her "too late" moment, it's brilliant!

I can't help but think Okami when Orochi presents itself. Wish we could throw him some sake, haha.

If I were to get one, I'd probably go amazon... Pretty pricey but at least it guarantees me one. And uh, idk I don't know the personas that well...

Persona merch is annoying that way: expensive and hard to find. And don't worry, you don't need to pick an official one (Persona, that is)!

I was thinking my unofficial Persona would be Olympe de Gouges; a French activist, abolitionist, feminist and playwright. She was killed during the French Revolution for being a critic of the revolutionary regime, through she supported the Revolution itself.

As for an official one... hmm... I'll need to look more into that. There are VERY few cannon female Star Persona as of 5, which makes things pretty hard. I may end up picking one from another arcana...

Back