• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other Question] Sprite Sheet Help

Years
    • Seen Dec 19, 2018
    Hey, sorry if this is a commonly asked question. I'm using EBS, which uses png sprite sheets so that the Pokemon are animated in battle, but I noticed one of the Pokemon sprites had a few pixels missing that looked distracting so I wanted to fix it myself. I tried putting in my own png sprite sheet but instead of smoothly animating, it does this weird scrolling effect:

KtwRa2K.gif

What do I need to do so the sprite animates smoothly? Am I using too many frames or something?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 28, 2020
    Hello everyone,

First, I apologize in advance for my bad English.

I am looking for several hours the elite battle system, but without success
    someone would have a link please

Last edited:

WolfPP

Spriter/ Pixel Artist
    Years
  • Last edited:
    Reactions: Poq

Poq

Years
    • Seen Aug 28, 2021
    What do I need to do so the sprite animates smoothly? Am I using too many frames or something?

It's not the number of frames, it's the dimensions. In EBS, each panel or slide is a square, so the height of your png is the width of each panel. Basically, your sprites are too close together.

Hello everyone,

First, I apologize in advance for my bad English.

I am looking for several hours the elite battle system, but without success
    someone would have a link please

EBS is no longer supported by the developer, but you can still download it through this site, along with Luka SJ's other resources:

http://luka-sj.com/downloads/installer.html?=1

EDIT WolfPP beat me to the punch

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 19, 2018
    It's not the number of frames, it's the dimensions. In EBS, each panel or slide is a square, so the height of your png is the width of each panel. Basically, your sprites are too close together.

EBS is no longer supported by the developer, but you can still download it through this site, along with Luka SJ's other resources:

http://luka-sj.com/downloads/installer.html?=1

EDIT WolfPP beat me to the punch

Ah okay, makes sense. Thank you! Is there an efficient to fix that or do I have to manually change each frame in like Photoshop?

Try with that front sprite.

I appreciate the help but that was actually the sprite I was trying to replace, due to the top part of the coffin disappearing entirely for a few seconds.

Last edited:

Poq

Years
    • Seen Aug 28, 2021
    Ah okay, makes sense. Thank you! Is there an efficient to fix that or do I have to manually change each frame in like Photoshop?

Well, the most efficient would be to either crop or extend the sprite sheet as needed. Since your sprites are already evenly spaced, you don't want to mess with them if you don't have to. Extending it would be easy, but I'm guessing, based on your comments, that you already extended the height so that you could add the missing pixels? So you wouldn't want to lose those pixels all over again. You could probably just adjust the highest and/or lowest sprites by a pixel or two and be alright to drop back to the original height of the image.
    Now if you truly need every pixel of height that you have, it will get tricky. Then you would have to extend the sprite sheet's width and adjust every sprite's horizontal position. That's where you'd probably want photoshop or some similar program to have a nice grid overlay so that you can clearly see where each panel should be, and then adjust all your sprites accordingly.

Years
    • Seen Dec 19, 2018
    Well, the most efficient would be to either crop or extend the sprite sheet as needed. Since your sprites are already evenly spaced, you don't want to mess with them if you don't have to. Extending it would be easy, but I'm guessing, based on your comments, that you already extended the height so that you could add the missing pixels? So you wouldn't want to lose those pixels all over again. You could probably just adjust the highest and/or lowest sprites by a pixel or two and be alright to drop back to the original height of the image.
    Now if you truly need every pixel of height that you have, it will get tricky. Then you would have to extend the sprite sheet's width and adjust every sprite's horizontal position. That's where you'd probably want photoshop or some similar program to have a nice grid overlay so that you can clearly see where each panel should be, and then adjust all your sprites accordingly.

Thanks for the help. I've managed to properly create the sprite so the top is no longer cut off, but I've run into another issue. My sprite seems to animate too fast:

bSxLWp1.gif

I honestly have no idea where to begin to fix that lol. When the sprite was in .gif format before I converted it, the sprite speed was fine. Only when I changed it to .png it seemed to do this. It seems to be running at 60 FPS vs the 40 FPS or w/e Essentials runs at.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 28, 2020
    thank you so much. ok, I wanted to avoid creating a topic for nothing, sorry.

Back