• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Translating games: Some INTL lines aren't compiled correctly

yonicstudios

Game Developer
Years
  • After compiling intl.txt so that I can preview the translated texts, I found that some of them aren't being replaced at all.

tFDkh06.png

What's most shocking is that some of the lines are very messed up. I think the compiler got really confused with which lines should be replaced to which other lines.

Highlighted in red are lines that haven't been translated, and in blue are those that are 'messed up'.

zRngkIC.png
    kB8iRf4.png

I noticed that some of these lines were missing in intl.txt, so I added them. But it didn't do anything for most of the lines (like Bag and Quit Game in the first screenshot)

What is going on? Is it possible that the compiler got confused with the lines because of word wrapping?

Last edited:

yonicstudios

Game Developer
    Years
  • I found the cause of the problem.
    Apparently, you can't use a hash symbol by itself (#) to translate a line. The same goes for the ° symbol. I suppose there's a way to escape the # character? Like \hash or \#, because I can't find it out

Back