• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help with OU team.

Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2010
This is my current team:

Scizor @ Life Orb
Trait: Technician
EVs: 32 HP / 252 Atk / 224 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Bug Bite
- Brick Break

Salamence @ Yache Berry
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Naughty Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Roost
- Fire Blast (?)

Heatran @ Choice Specs
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Spd / 252 SAtk
Modest Nature
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Dragon Pulse

Gengar @ Expert Belt
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Spd / 252 SAtk
Modest Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- Thunderbolt
- Hypnosis (?)

Mamoswine @ Focus Sash (LEAD)
Trait: Snow Cloak
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock

Vaporeon @ Choice Specs
Trait: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 Def / 4 Spd / 252 SAtk
Bold Nature
- Surf
- Toxic
- Protect
- Wish

I think my team is missing a physical wall, and maybe a gimmick pokemon. Anything I should change on my team?

Opposite Day

too old for name changes
Years
Well, it most certainly seems like you've made a mistake on the item on your Vaporeon, since toxic, protect, and wish rarely see use on any choice set.. change that to leftovers (and as far as I know, Vaporeon is actually a physical wall, at least your ev's and natures seem to reflect that. I would also change Roost > EQ or it loses to tran which is kind of sad (A DD LO Outrage does 57-67% to min/min tran, while scarftran does 71% min with a Dpulse back, which is a OHKO w/ SR and LO recoil)

Hypnosis is a shaky choice on Gengar, you could either replace it with Protect so you can scout what a choiced foe would do (like with scizor), or you could use HP Fire in order to kill it if you predict a SD or something like that. Gengar also wants a timid nature, as without stuff like Jirachi, Mence, and other Gengar outspeed it. If you decide not to run HP Fire, you might also tie with other non-hp fire latias and do loads with shadow ball, which is rather important since nothing else outspeeds it and it pummels just about everything with its meteors (Specs timid Latias does 44% minimum to tran, and it resists 3/4 of its attacks, and does 60-70% to Scizor, a guaranteed 2hko w/ rocks up)

What I would do would be to change your heatran to a scarfed version, using this set:
Heatran @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Flash Fire
Nature: Naïve
EV's: 252 Speed | 252 SpA | 4 Attack
~ Fire Blast
~ Explosion
~ Dragon Pulse
~ Earth Power

This way you can boom on latias if it becomes trouble, and it allows you to revenge tons of stuff due to the fact that everything barring ninjask is outsped by scarftran. Lucario dies to FBlast/EPower, mence dies if it haven't packed a DD (and after that, you could just revenge it by scizor or mamo if it is still alive). It also prevents DD Gyara from walloping over stuff after vaporeon is gone, as explosion gives you an emergency check against most stuff. That's all I can think about atm.

Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2010
First off, thanks for the help.

Your right, I meant to have Vaporeon with Leftovers, my bad.

Do you think I should replace my Mamoswine with a StallBreaker Gliscor:

Gliscor @Leftovers
Trait: Sand Veil
EVs: 216 Spe / 252 HP / 40 Def
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Taunt
- Roost
- Stealth Rock

Back