• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.Silver

Say Hello To Nurse Barbra
Years
Hey i have a question.
How do you change this box?>>>
picture.php

Its the one with the region name in the pokenav,On the fly map and the map in the pkmn center.

Last edited:

:3

3:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 26, 2013
What Im trying to do is put a new pokemon into my Fire Red rom.
I'm trying not to overwrite any other one So Im trying to use one of the 25 empty slots, and juts assign the offsets using Poke Editor Pro.

But, I need to know how to find out how much space my sprite takes up, specifically the pallet. I thought since it's 16 colors, It would take up 16 bytes, So I searched for 16 in FSF and then put that offset into Unlz. then into Poke Editor Pro. But when I go to the game and try to battle with it (Chimchar) it doesnt show the back sprite at all, it just looks like static on a tv, but with chimchars colors. The front picture of it is fine because I used the same amount of space that the front sprite used for it's pallet, (I think 700)

Basically, I want to know how much space a pallet takes up, if I should use FF or 00, and what are the downsides of not writing over a sprite.

Sorry for the long question, and thanks to anyone who can help! [:

Years
  • Seen Mar 5, 2012
What is the tool to edit scripts in Pokemon Diamond?
Or what is the file to open in XSE from Diamond?

Also, whenever I finish the battle against the first starly, my game freezes, is it because I tried to change the starters?

EDIT: I fixed the freezing by having the sound on.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Mar 5, 2012
Oh :P
Well is there any way to change the script?
Or at least change the starters? DP Starter Editor didn't work for me.

Years
How do you change the animation of a door when you walk trough it? I inserted Pokémon Center tiles, and I set the tile of the door too have a door warp. (69-00).
But then when I walk trough the door, its just like you walk into a cave, just fading to black, and then fading in the Pokémon Center. And another strange thing: You HEAR the sound of the door of the Pokémon Center, but I never said anywhere it is a door of a Pokémon Center! :P My question is: How can you let the door go open with an animation like the standard Pokémon Center? Using Ruby. (sorry I'm asking so many questions :P)

onyx79

Red Dead Revolver
Years
How do you change the animation of a door when you walk trough it? I inserted Pokémon Center tiles, and I set the tile of the door too have a door warp. (69-00).
But then when I walk trough the door, its just like you walk into a cave, just fading to black, and then fading in the Pokémon Center. And another strange thing: You HEAR the sound of the door of the Pokémon Center, but I never said anywhere it is a door of a Pokémon Center! :P My question is: How can you let the door go open with an animation like the standard Pokémon Center? Using Ruby. (sorry I'm asking so many questions :P)
go to block edit and click the door it will hvave a behavior so give it door\warp search this there....

Years
  • Seen Mar 5, 2012
There's no tool in no$gba to take a screenshot of the game is there?
So to take a good one, do I just use shift + print screen?

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen today
I already did that (69 00 in behaviour type) but then you hear only the sound, but I want to
have the animation too... :(

Statement: The animation is changed differently than just editing the Warp type. I haven't a clue on how to do it, but I have a feeling that a tutorial may help you. Try searching there, and if no answers are found, try asking someone who has already done it.

Matteron (96)

Can't Read Lookin Ass
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 13, 2024
How do you edit scripts in Diamond?
...didn't you ask this already...the answer is: you can't...
Edit: Oh I'm sorry didn't read your question correctly, I'm not exactly sure, but I'm pretty sure you have to hex edit the scripts...

Years
  • Seen Aug 27, 2009
When I try to Insert new maps in Advance Map, I give it a name and place it on a new bank, it still ends up with the name 'Pallet Town' and I can't change that without changing the name of the original Pallet town. Can anyone help me with this?

Matteron (96)

Can't Read Lookin Ass
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 13, 2024
When I try to Insert new maps in Advance Map, I give it a name and place it on a new bank, it still ends up with the name 'Pallet Town' and I can't change that without changing the name of the original Pallet town. Can anyone help me with this?
An easy way would be to find a map name that you don't need, and change those, for example I use sevii isle 7, 8, 9 those are all maps that are pointless...At least thats what I think

trebornosliw

Learning
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 22, 2012
Can someone tell me what is wrong with this script?
#ORG $begin
lock
faceplayer
checkflag 0x200
if B_true goto $done
message $agenttalk
boxset 6
giveitem 0xD 1
setflag 0x200
release
end
#org $done
message $agenttalk2
boxset 6
release
end
#org $agenttalk
$agenttalk 1 = Ssh! Stay down! \v\h01.\pHere, take this!
#org $aidtalk2
$agenttalk2 1 = Be careful!

I want the character to give me a potion, but instead the screen goes pink. For some reason none of my scripts work properly (this is Pokescript by the way).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back