• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Scripting Question] Question about changing Wild Encounter Density?

Years
Okay, so I'm fiddling with the encounter rates of pokemon on Route 1 in the encounters.txt. From what I found, the density of pokemon in grassy areas is taken out of 180. So in theory, setting the density to 180 should cause an encounter for every step, right? So why is that not happening in game? I heard Essentials sets it so encounters can't happen the immediate 3 steps after a battle. If that's true, is there a way to disable that or possibly reduce it to 1-2 steps?

Years
I actually fixed it now, thanks. :) In the script, under PField_Encounters, there's a section which checks for stepcount and I just changed that from "<=3" to <=1" and it worked! Thanks tho. :)

Back