• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What do you like about the anime?

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    So many threads here is about what you don't like/wish would improve about the anime that it got me curious. What are things you enjoy about it? There has to be something if you're still watching it!

Let's have some positivity in here for once haha. If youre still watching it just out of spite theres a dif thread where you can mention that. :)

Last edited:
    Years
  • To be honest I haven't seen past Indigo League. I'm watching it now on Netflix. I just like it cause it's silly. Not a whole lot depth, I don't take the show too seriously. It has some funny moments I enjoy. My expectations are low :)

Years
  • i like it because of the flamboyant atmosphere and the funny aspect of it. and honestly, i'm liking ash's pokemon rn. especially waiting for incineroar.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2023
    I'm giving it a slow re-watch as of right now, and I'm really fond of it. It's just my taste, a slice-of-life-ish anime. I love that it's so endearing and vibrant, it just gives off really nice, happy vibes. Its atmosphere is very relaxing. It has a very fun adventurous side to it. I love the little stories that are told each episode. I love Misty, too, she's such a fun character, and Brock is serious and cool. I probably wouldn't watch it in japanese, so I'm glad for the dub (latin-spanish in my case), it makes it what it is. So, like, stories like when they find a mansion in the middle of the forest where there lives a girl that just loves making copycat of people with her Ditto, or crashing in a Poke-party celebrating and helping people solve their problems (in this episode Misty is really motherlike with a kid and gives great advice and it was fun to watch, so cute!), or finding a Poke-training academy in the middle of nowhere too hah.

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    Well, I liked that Ash had a goal and there was continuity in it, especially in Kanto, Orange Islands, and for a little bit of Johto (only saying that bit since compared to most I haven't actually seen much of Johto).

CodeHelmet

Banned
    Years
  • Well, I liked that Ash had a goal and there was continuity in it, especially in Kanto, Orange Islands, and for a little bit of Johto (only saying that bit since compared to most I haven't actually seen much of Johto).

Not missing much... most of Johto is abject filler or Pokemon of the Day lol. Only meaningful Episodes are the Gym Battles, Charicific Valley and Liza(who returns for Ash's battle with Clair), Silver Conference(aka Johto League) and the Episodes involving Team Rocket and Lugia(its baby Silver). Outside of Suzie, Duplica and other Kanto characters making a return, nothing much else of note. Of what I've stated above, I'd wager it doesn't top 60 Episodes.

Still worth watching it though. Nothing like going back in time to the days of Gold and Silver.

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    Not missing much... most of Johto is abject filler or Pokemon of the Day lol. Only meaningful Episodes are the Gym Battles, Charicific Valley and Liza(who returns for Ash's battle with Clair), Silver Conference(aka Johto League) and the Episodes involving Team Rocket and Lugia(its baby Silver). Outside of Suzie, Duplica and other Kanto characters making a return, nothing much else of note. Of what I've stated above, I'd wager it doesn't top 60 Episodes.

Still worth watching it though. Nothing like going back in time to the days of Gold and Silver.

Yeah, I'd debate whether it's filler. Certainly DBZ Fan didn't think so due to citing a lot of character development stuff and all of that. If you ask me, AG was far closer to actually being composed of filler than Johto was. At least Ash actually developed in Johto, not to mention beat his long-time rival and even got a rank increase, unlike AG where Ash got the exact same rank as before, barely even treated May's goal as important enough to not replace her for DP, and the closest Ash ever had to an actual victory, beating the Battle Frontier, got treated like a complete joke. You could skip AG and go directly to DP and you wouldn't even miss much other than maybe wondering why Ash has an Aipom or Jessie and James had different Pokémon.

BH

Canine pokemon fan
    Years
  • I like it, i first seen both Pokemon and DB on RTL2 in 1997/1999 and loved them all (the first Pokemon episode that i saw was the Caterpie one)

I enjoy watching the pokemon anime in polish and german becuase of it's childish and careful nature, even thought it's a shonen anime and 4kids cut most of the elements from japanese version

I naturally prefer the episodes with the dog family pokemon the most, like the Eeveelutions, althought the modern SM episodes that aired on polish Disney XD can be watched by me too

Back