• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Testing, Recycling, and Toxic Waste

Vragon

Kay, so I'm guilty of having a great idea, writing it out, then realizing it would conflict with the overall plot. So yes it hurts to throw good writing away.

(FYI: I only cried for five days when I realized a third of a written plot was.......let's just say "Off target")

So as a green writer (at least sometimes), I would like to hear about how you test arcs to avoid missing topic, recycle stuff that might be re-usable, and the inches of tear water you make when you realize It's beyond saving!!!!

Also what are you when it comes to arcs???

a) A plot tester
    b) An arc hugger
    c) A paper disposer

As the greatest mind of 2016 said

The future is now thanks to science! ~Clemont (Lumiose Gym Leader, Creative Inventor, and Something for little sister to ship)

Vragon

So I might as well give my two cents to in tips in Kalos.
    I'm more of an Arc Hugger, (Those were recycling puns with story elements stupid I know, but can't blame a guy for trying)
    I have arcs in the future that I just can't wait to get to. As a result the dreaded filler to these arcs make writing a bit obnoxious and disheartening. I've found minor remedies for this by attempting to move from story to story and not stick on one in particular for to long to avoid burnout.

Back