• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Script] Make NPC's disappear after certain flags + Can you have unlimited bag space?

Years
    • Seen May 22, 2022
    Hey Guys!

How do I make NPC's disappear after a certain event / Flag? In my example after the third gym bade.

I came up with this script:

#dynamic 0x800000

#org @start
    lock
    faceplayer

checkflag 0x807
    if 0x0 goto @YouCantPass
    if 0x1 goto @t1

release
    end

#org @YouCantPass
    msgbox @t2 0x6
    release
    end

#org @t2
    = You can't pass!

#org @t1
    checkflag 0x1050
    hidesprite 8
    setflag 0x1050
    release
    end
    -----------------------------------------------------

But this one only activates after talking to the NPC and I want it to activate right after beating the gym.

The second question is, if it's possible to do some hex editing for unlimited bag space ?

The Rom I am hacking is Pokemon Ruby.

Thanks so far!

Years
    • Seen today
    Hey Guys!
    How do I make NPC's disappear after a certain event / Flag? In my example after the third gym bade.
    Put the flag as the npc's "Person ID" in advance map and the npc won't spawn if the flag is set.

Hey Guys!
    The second question is, if it's possible to do some hex editing for unlimited bag space ?
    It's definitely possible to expand the bag but I don't think its possible to have unlimited space. I'm also not sure if there even is a bag expansion for ruby as most people hack either firered or emerald.

Momoro

I'm gonna put some dirt in your eye..
    Years
  • Unlimited bag space is impossible. There's simply not enough space within the ROM to contain an infinite amount of different items- that would mean that the ROM file size would have to be of an infinite amount, e.x. ∞(infinite) MB, which is impossible.

...Now, expanding the bag to be bigger, rather than infinite, is possible- but it could be difficult.

As for the NPC script:

Have the sprite hidden, and set the Person ID to the desired flag. Then, when the flag is set, the NPC should appear.

Back