• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Time Rift

cRaCkZ

Well...
Years
Pokemon Time Rift

Introduction
My second try into a RPG Maker XP (my first " Pokemon Unbound" was failed when I lost all progress ,but anyway , was a plain 8 gym game.
This time I just wanna get a new concept. Why to travel in just one region when you can travel through all eartg history?

Story:
Spoiler:

Story Inspiration Credits:
LaureTheLoner - creator of the " Time Warp Challenge" who inspired me
Ahri - for reposting the challenge
Wikipedia - for historical informations
The story can be improved. Waiting for all your suggestions.

Tools used:
RPG Maker XP
Pokemon Essentials
Gen 6 kit
(CREDITS IN "CREDITS" SECTION)

Current features:
Spoiler:

The game is just in the "idea" phase , so not much features implemented. Just basic ones.

Future features:
-Alola Pokemon as soon as they are released.
-Type altered Pokemon (like Alola forms) . For example Ice Age will be full of Amaura, Aurorus or Avalugg, but will be other pokemon who adapt to ice age.
-Other cool features I found appropiate for this game.
-Maybe new megas if I manage to learn properly pixel art.
-New items & moves
Of course, I am waiting for your suggestions.

Current progress:
Spoiler:

WEEKLY UPDATES.

Screenshots:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Download: Not yet.

Credits:
Credits:
Pokemon essentials made by Maruno and Poccil
Game Freak and Nintendo for Pokemon Concept
pldh.net - Sprites
http://www.pokestadium.com/tools/sprites -alternate forms, megas and gen 6 sprites
Mej 71 and his great Gen 6 kit and sprites.
Bulbapedia for informations and some item icons.
Calis Projects and Dew Tileset & Exterior
The Public Pokemon Tileset by ThatsSoWitty ->Interior & Caves
BW2 Sea - With Ridge,Beach Autotile,BW Water Autotile,Magma Autotile -> by Rayquaza-dot
HG-SS Ilex Forest Tilest by Lava-Plume -> Ilex Shrine
Light jungle trees by Phyromatical ->Used for Jurassic Era
Dewitty, Bulbapedia.Bulbagarden.net, Nintendo, Chocosrawloid, Kymotonian, milomilotic11, and Neo-Spriteman. ->OW Trainers and Pokemon.

Here is your part, can all of you find good locations for every crystal shard?
My idees
Frozen Crystal -> Ice Age , obv
Rock Crystal -> Stone Age , obv
Mummy Crystal -> Egyptian Era , because Mummy and because Cofragigus
Wet Crystal -> Pirate Age , because water and boats
Dragon Crystal -> Viking Era, because Vikings and Dragons
Warrior Crystal -> Medieval Era , because Swords and Knights and fights

I need one for all types.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • USA
  • Seen Jan 15, 2024
For sprites: i have been encountering the same issues with the gen 6 sprite project but a temporary solution is to use bulbapedia's gen 6 ones. Since I'm only using certain ones, it was a simple fix. Even if they're not custom pokemon sprites they do fit the bill and are the right size. You shouldn't have to worry too much about custom sprites at the very beginning even if it means sacrificing some prettiness or complete stylistic unity. There is time for that later; after all you haven't started mapping! I started in the gen 3 style maps+pokes and now I'm working on 5 or 6!

Otherwise I'd like to point out that Celebi already has time-travelling powers, but giving it to Ralts is neat. I'd like to see how this develops.

cRaCkZ

Well...
Years
For sprites: i have been encountering the same issues with the gen 6 sprite project but a temporary solution is to use bulbapedia's gen 6 ones. Since I'm only using certain ones, it was a simple fix. Even if they're not custom pokemon sprites they do fit the bill and are the right size. You shouldn't have to worry too much about custom sprites at the very beginning even if it means sacrificing some prettiness or complete stylistic unity. There is time for that later; after all you haven't started mapping! I started in the gen 3 style maps+pokes and now I'm working on 5 or 6!

Otherwise I'd like to point out that Celebi already has time-travelling powers, but giving it to Ralts is neat. I'd like to see how this develops.

Yeah , I know , maybe Celebi will have a major role in the story . It'll be a surprise :D
And for Ralts. I ever wanted a game with Ralts as starter. :D and actually that Time Travel Ability is a usable move ( Replace Teleport) is neat because I can say that when the pokemon is in danger he time travel back to a safe place ( Last PokeCenter) , so for me Time Travel is more appropiate than Teleport.

Now , the question is... to make "Time Travel" (Teleport) move unique for Ralts? or keep it to the other pokemon (Abra)?
And If you can PM ME about sprites i'll be thankful. I don't really understand what you said about them , my english is not that good.

Years
  • Age 30
  • USA
  • Seen Jan 15, 2024
I wouldn't give every Ralts that ability...Maybe you can figure out a way to have celebi give that power to Ralts...

cRaCkZ

Well...
Years
I wouldn't give every Ralts that ability...Maybe you can figure out a way to have celebi give that power to Ralts...

Maybe just make this Ralts as #722 in PBS and give him a custom moveset. Also I'd like to make her evolve only in Gardevoir, bcs I feel like Gardy has a strong bond with her trainer(like Pokedex Entries sais), that thing will be impotant in my story. Gallade is just Gallade. But i'm feelin' like Gallade's fans will be mad. What do you think?

Years
  • Age 30
  • USA
  • Seen Jan 15, 2024
that or perhaps a form? They tell you how to do that on the wiki. I think the forms can have different evolutionary paths than their previous.

cRaCkZ

Well...
Years
Sunday, October 2 , 2016
UPDATE
-
Added screenshots.
-Updated progress.

HELP!
I need an era for Grass Type. I couldn't find any era for it.

Back