• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Map] Tiles not displaying properly in playtest

Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2020
    Hello,

I'm really new to this ROM hacking, but I finally figured out how to insert some custom tiles... in AdvanceMap 1.92. The map looks absolutely fine in Adv.Map, but when I playtest the map, some of the tiles are completely jumbled up (the palette colours are fine). I looked at the specific tiles and I can't find the reason why they would be displaying wrong.
    [I would insert a picture here but I can't yet]

Does anyone have any idea what causes this? I've tried Googling, but I can't find anyone describing the same problem.

The movement restrictions on the map are just fine and so are the events.
    I'm using Advancemap 1.92 and an extended rom for FireRed.

Thank you in advance(map) for the help.

EDIT: Also, for some reason I can interact with the lillipads on my map and they give a text message "there's some clear signs of burglary here".
    The tileset I edited was Tileset 34 (Viridian Forest secondary), Palettes 7 and 9.

Last edited:
    Back