• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen The Crystal Diaries

Years
  • Today at noon Eastern Standard time a wonderful game called Pokemon Crystal was ready to play on Nintendo's E-Store.

I haven't had a lot of time to play yet so I haven't done a lot, but I'm still excited and I bet that others are too and need someone to share their memos with.

I picked up my starter Totodile and named it Reptar. It was a girl right off the bat, no soft reset, which was very nice.

I also botched up 2 attempts to catch a Growlithe because of silly roar, but the third time was a charm. I stopped to level grind with Growlithe at the ruins of Alph, he terrorizes any unown in his path with bite. I also forgot that wild Pokemon can flee from you in battle.

My Kakuna is also 1 level away from becoming a beedrill. Can't wait till dark so I can catch Hoothoot too.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Hey - I'm happy for you to have your own journal but I prefer everyone to make their own travel journal thread so that everyone gets the chance to be as creative as possible (plus makes the forum more active). Going to edit out the parts encouraging others to post here, sorry!

Years
  • Okie Dokey then Forever! Roger that, over and out :)
    I have never made a thread before where I'm the only who writes, but I am ready to give it a try!

Got a chance to play some more last night. I really enjoyed going through sprout tower, the bellsprout battles were exactly the exp I needed to get my metapod and kakuna to become butterfree and beedrill. I also caught a Gastly. He's definitely staying in my party.

Falkner was as easy as we remember ;) but I'm grateful for his cash. I have been joyfully catching almost every Pokemon I see so I need money for pokeballs.

I waited till after defeating Falkner to trade Bellsprout for an Onix. I was worried about doing a trade without a badge, thinking it might make Onix disobedient. I taught him Falkner's mudslap tm. My victory was short-lived, Falkner's badge is not enough to control it. I haven't made it through Union cave and its already acting crazy at level 12. Too bad, I had wanted to use it against Bugsy and Whitney. Caught a Sandshrew in said cave shortly after, wish I had taught it mudslap instead!

Also Togepi hatched. I want the cute thing around me, but have to box him for now due to space.

Last edited:
    Years
  • I rescued the Slowpoke today from Azalea Town. I kinda wanted to catch my own Slowpoke, but since I already have Croconow it would not be practical to take on another water pokemon. I had a perfectly good Poliwag and Wooper that I was forced to store for this reason.

i beat Bugsy, now I won't have to worry about Onix disobeying until at least level 30. I should have Whitney's badge before then.

There's dialogue referring to the Illex Forrest that I do not recall, about a protector who lives there. It must be a set-up for the Celebi event. I am very excited.

I got the odd egg today and against all odds I received a shiny Cleffa after just 1 soft reset. Though its evolution Clefable is a good Pokemon to have on your team, I think this line looks better in its normal form, rather than shiny. So I soft reset for a different species. I decided that I would accept either a shiny Tyrogue or shiny Pichu, both Raichu and Hitmontop are Pokemon I want to use during this run.

While I was riding on my bike awaiting eggs to hatch I fell in love with Kris all over again. Her sprite is quite cute with her blue hair.

I succeeded in hatching Shiny Tyorogue and boy is he glorious! The newer 3d sprites don't do justice to his shiny form, they are so desaturated. Tyrogue's sprite in Crystal is just radiant, his skin looks like its painted in silver and pearl. I don't have the heart to evolve him now, he's perfect as he is.

Years
  • I had a lot of fun today. Its amazing to me how much gens 1 and 2 were able to squeeze into the gameboy, these games don't feel dated to me! I played the loto,listened to all of the radio stations, got a point from Buena for nailing the daily password, took my Pokemon for haircuts and all of lovely things to do in Goldenrod city.

My team is also beginning to transition from early game to some pokemon who could become late game teammates.

Thanks to Gastly's mean look I stopped an Abra from teleporting away and added a psychic Pokemon to my current team. I also got very lucky and ran into a ditto on my way out of the grass. He was quite mischievous to catch and required multiple pokeballs and great balls to bring down. I hope he is this energetic about breeding!

Since Abra only knows teleport I went to the Goldenrod Department store and bought him the elemental punches so he would have a way to stand on his own two feet and battle. Abra's special attack is quite good for an unevolved Pokemon, and since all fire, ice and electric moves are special in gen 2 Abra can make very good use of these moves until he gets his psychic attacks. I also bought ice punch for Reptar so she could have coverage against grass Pokemon and defeat Lance's dragons later.

I was very broke once I bought all the tms, but more on that later. I took Abra to the illex forest so he could gain exp fast by using fire punch on the bug Pokemon. While I was training Abra I caught an Oddish. I had my doubts about raising one because it was low level about 4 or 5, but I have nothing to check water pokemon with. There's no mareep in crystal, so I need a grass or electric type pronto.

I left Oddish in Daycare to level up as I walked through the forrest to train Abra. By the time Abra evolved into Kadabra I had taken so many steps that Oddish was at the same level as Kadabra. I was ready to place Oddosh in my party... But I could not pay the bill I was out of money and needed over 1200 poke dollars to get him back and I had 43.

I had to run around and battle everyone on the route ahead of Goldenrod to pay off the debt, but Oddish held its own against the girls in Whitney's gym so well worth it

Now speaking of Whitney... I have a whole rant about her that I want to save for tomorrow. It was an amusing time for me.

Years
  • Okay Whitney, Whitney, Whitney...

She is really quite a character. She actually has a sign on her gym bragging about how pretty she is. Modesty incarnate! She is also wrong. Jasmine is the beautiful one outside and within. Beside her Whitney is a mere child.

I was also surprised by Whitney's dialogue stating that she got into Pokemon because everyone else was into it. You mean you didn't do it simply because you love pokemon, but just cuz other people were doing it? *facepalm*

Anyway its a fun character, she drives you insane because of her spoiled antics. And that's good writing. She makes you get emotional and your make-believe game becomes real.

I faced Clefairy with Oddish because I did not want it to go up against Miltank. Its job was to defeat or put a dent in Clefairy so that the harder hitting Pokemon had a clear path to Mitank.

Oddish poisoned Clefairy. My plan was to sit back and wall with absorb, but I got encored by Whitney into poison powder. That was okay, Oddish still did its job. So in came Growlithe. It got hit wth a stab double slap but that was the last hoorah for Clefairy. It was important to me that Growlithe use bite on Clefairy. I wanted to get a flinch so that Whitney would see how it felt. Whitney wins not by power or strategy but by dishonorable tactics like flinch and attraction.

As my growlithe bit into Clefairy I was thinking of all my fellow Pokemon trainers who got hit with these sneaky moves. I did get a flinch and a free turn! I gave it one more bite, combined with the poison damage it was enough to finish off Clefairy.

The best is yet to come. In came the Miltank. I switched to Reptar, didn't want growlithe in because I knew rollout was coming. And Reptar is female, so Whitney could not rely on the scummy attraction. I was trying to force it to attack me directly. Croconow can take a couple of stomps or turns of rollout if she has to, and it can pay Miltank back in kind with rage every time it gets damaged.

However, I decided like with Growlithe that I really wanted to rub Whitney's face in the salt. Reptar use ice punch! I wanted that freeze hax so badly to show Whitney how it feels to get bad luck.

Arceus smiled on us, freezing Miltank solid! She never EVER unthawed as I hammered away with punch after punch!
    Totodile is the best starter of the three.

I took my Reptar for a haircut last night as a reward for her perservence. We're just gonna chill now me and my mons, play the slot machines and Celebrate Whitney getting a dose of her own medicine.

Last edited:
    Years
  • I have a beautiful snow day today so that means lots of time for playing Crystal.

Yesterday evening I leisurely played at the game corner. I wasn't after a prize, I'm just one of those silly souls that enjoys the mini games. I was filled with nostalgia when I saw the slot machines again.

Next I captured Sudowuddo. He fought like a tiger. I used my Oddish to try to set up status on it but Sudowuddo crit that poor plant with rockthrow/slide (?) and k.o.ed it. I tried to use Gastly to lick it into paralysis and then slowly chip away at it with the weak move. No such luck! I got no paralysis and only ended up giving lick to Sudowuddo with mimic. Since that was super-effective against us I had to get Gastly out of there. I brought in Onix to take hits and do slow damage. The two rock Pokemon tussled a long time with Sudowuddo paralyzing Onix with lick and diving out of a dozen great balls before being captured. It went for some low kicks first. I switched Gastly back during the fighting type moves, and finally got a hypnosis off. Whew! Can't wait till I can buy ultra balls.

Ecruteak city was so relaxing, the music, the atmosphere. I battled the kimono girls and triggered the legendary dogs. And boy is Silver one mean rival, they don't make em like this anymore. He walked off and scoffed when I fell down down for stories and hit the basement floor, killing me for all he knew. I think even Blue might have gone for help.

I visited Ecruteak gym with caution, such a great idea for a gym. I respect Morty for his serious nature and vast knowledge of mythology and the occult. Ghost Pokemon are wonderful and I love a scary story. I got really lucky with Kadabra, he one shot everything with psybeam. I was honestly a little surprised. I didn't think he would be able to outspeed Gengar.

Anyway my Pokemon made me so proud that this morning I took Kadabra all the way back to Goldenrod for a haircut and decided why not enter the bug catching contest while I am close by?

I entered with Gastly. At first we caught a venonat together, but then I released it for a Scyther. Venonat was higher level than Scyther but usually a healthy Scyther is unbeatable, unless of course its another Scyther. That's what happened to us this time ;) another trainer had a higher level Scyther, giving us 2nd place this time. But that's okay we still had fun. I will keep playing. Even if don't even make it to the finalist round I still get berries.

On the way to Olivine City Oddish evolved into Gloom. I also met my idol Jasmine at the top of the light house. She had no idea how eager I am to help her and that poor Ampharos. You can count on us!

Years
  • Last night I surfed to Cianwood city on Reptar to get the secret potion for Amphy. I saw Suicune again once I got to shore. It did my heart good. Of course its not time to catch her yet. Then I battled Eusine.

After that I noticed that there was an NPC in town who takes pictures of your Pokemon, perhaps an early prototype to Cameron. However I don't think it's possible to get pictures anymore though. I think this function was for the gameboy printer. I was sad because I would have loved a photo alongside my friends! My team was Croconaw, Growlithe, Onix, Gloom, Gastly and Kadabra.

Next I went into Chuck's gym and realized that something was very wrong. There were all these pillars that needed to be moved, but I realized that I was missing the strength hm! I had to do a google search to figure out when I should have received this move. Its been years since I played this game.

I had to surf all the way back to Olivine City and get it from a sailor in the cafe. I dropped off the potion too. On the bright side my underlevelled Gasty got exp since I ran into more trainers on my way there and back, allowing him to evolve into Haunter. I decided to let Haunter be in his first gym match. He held his own, most of the time he took no damage being a ghost. Though the task of Poliwrath I gave to the more experienced Kadabra.

After Chuck I went to back to Olivine city to face Jasmine. This battle was clutch. Growlithe hasn't learned flame wheel yet, so we were stuck with weak ember. Magnemite's thunderbolt hurt like hell, but Growlithe managed a 2 hit k.o with ember. Then Jasmine picked Steelix, I used Reptar. I had to roll up my sleeves. Reptar took it down to half health with its first surf, but Steelix used sunny day to weaken my attacks. Surf wasn't dong anything anymore and every iron tail landed and hit like a truck even resisted. We had taken 3 hits of that and could not take another, nobody else on my team could switch into this iron tail. I had to give Reptar some lemonade. I usually don't like to use potions in battles, but since Jasmine had used a hyper potion herself I thought it would be ok this time. That lemonade not only healed Reptar but allowed me to stall out the last turn of sunny day. I took the iron tail and came back with surf at full power once the weather was clear, finishing Steelix. My Onix was the cleanup crew, taking out her last Magnemite. All and all Jasmine played a good game! Her Steelix really had me on the ropes, definitely the most challenging gym battle I had thus far.

This wasn't quite the end of my day though. I had been having real trouble catching Pokemon. The great ball isn't doing anymore for me than a regular poke ball, I decided to make a trip to Azalea town before the day was done to see Kurt. Sure, his balls are imperfect but I don't dare catch the red Gyarados with a a lousy great ball, it can't even catch a furret. I thought that maybe a heavy ball would work better.

I thought I would just take a leisurely walk, had sprayed my repels but low and behold something broke through my repel on the early route. Oh dear... you know what that means. I heard the low pitched, faster battle music and there it was... a level 40 Raikou standing in front of Haunter and I.

To be continued...

Last edited:
    Years
  • Haunter was ready to go. Mean Look was my first move. Raikou fled...

Haunter is a good little mon, but it was just not fast enough to get the first turn on a level 40 Raikou. I sank into despair. Had it been one of the other two beasts we may have outsped.

I dragged myself to Goldenrod City to drown my sorrows gambling away at the slot machine. I decided that the fire blast TM would be nice for Growlithe. I prefer flamethrower, but since it does not learn that until level 50 I will opt for blast instead.

I decided to try to earn at least half of the amount of coins needed for the tm by playing games, and pay for the other half, saving some time but also saving a little money. I had very good luck and made more than 3,400 coins. There's no better feeling than seeing Chansey appear, and change a number, turning your pair of 7s into a whole row and awarding you the 300. I'm going to catch a Chansey once in Kanto to remember her by.

With my confidence renewed I caught the Red Gyarados with my heavy ball from Kurt. I wasn't planning on putting Gyarados on my team since I already had Reptar, but its thrash is really coming in handy at the moment. So I boxed Haunter for awhile and let Gyarados help me take down team rocket, getting revenge for what they did to the lake.

I had some good battles in Pryce's gym. The Dewgong throughout the gym did their jobs as walls, having rest made for some long battles. Gloom was my best response. It took those Aurora beams very well and kept draining back its health. Reptar has also become a Feraligatr and its surf was what conquered Pryce's Piloswine. I think Pryce is underrated. He faught well.

I also completed the radio tower quest and headed for the ice path. On my way there I caught a Golbat. I went decided to leave her in daycare to level up. Since Crobat is absurdly fast I am considering her as an alternative mean look trapper for the legendary dogs.

On my way from daycare who should show up again but Raikou...

Reptar use whirlpool! Raikou was trapped in a vortex! I jumped up and down shouting for joy that today was my lucky day after all. Raikou used Roar...Reptar fled -_-

Years
  • Dear diary, I had a lovely, peaceful time skating down the ice path. The only bad thing was that I ran out of repels, but not so bad because it enabled me to catch a cute swinub named Piglet. I have about 55 Pokemon now I think.

Going to Blackthorn city was a huge deal. My favorite Pokemon are dragons and Pokemon in the dragon egg group, so arriving in the sacred city for these mythical creatures was a home coming in my eyes. I was born in the year of the dragon according to the Chinese calendar.

I decided to do a little level grinding just outside of Blackthorn in the mountain area to make sure I was ready for Clair. I couldn't help but feel guilty once I got inside the gym. All of the trainers had these ridiculously adorable little dratini that I had to put down :(
    I felt the same way about those beautiful dragonair.

For the most part Clair's 3 Dragonair were not threats. 1 of them however survived an ice punch from Kadabra on what appeared to be 1 hp, just long enough to get a thunder wave up to annoy Kadabra. My Kadabra took it out on the same turn, but since it was paralyzed I had to change Pokemon after that. Feraligatr took out the last Dragonair, and then came Clair's Kingdra. This one did not go down so easy. It ate those ice punches and then relied on the most skill based move in the game ...smoke screen. Reptar could not see and most of his bite attacks missed. Then Kingdra started hyperbeaming us. Reptar lived, but it definitely was not enjoying this.

On Kingdra's recharge I switched to Gloom to poison the Kingdra so if Clair wanted to keep playing these games she would at least be on a clock. Unfortunately, the poison missed, giving Kingdra a free turn effectively. Then we took another hyper beam to the face. Since I could not get the poison off I reluctantly had to keep Gloom in the line of fire for another hyper beam while I gave Kadabra a full heal. Kadabra was the one who could hit hard enough to one shot Kingdra, but he could not do this if he was paralyzed.

Gloom was my first pokemon to be taken out by a gym leader during this playthrough, but my Kadabra avenged its fallen brother. It came in and hit Kingdra for max damage with a psybeam + a crit, killing it instantly. Even though I would love to give everyone haircuts since the barber will only tend to 1 Pokemon a day I decided to let Gloom have the haircut because his day had been the roughest!

As expected Clair witheld the badge and instructed me to go to the Dragon's Den. It was my pleasure, I love Dratini and taking the master's test and getting a special Dratini of my own was the moment I have been waiting for from the start.

I like the music in the Dragon's Den. I was so happy when my eyes saw Angel for the first time. Luckily the honest answers I gave were the right ones and it had extreme speed.

I am going to stop story progress for awhile to train my Dratini. I love her and the Elite Four can wait for now. When I get back though I will have wonderful news to share.

Years
  • Diary,

My teammates have changed dramatically. I caught Dratini's levels up to match the rest of my party. She is now a Dragonair. Feraligatr my starter is still here and so is Kadabra, but that is about all that has remained the same.

While I was level grinding my Dragonair you will never guess who I ran into...or maybe you can. Yes, I think you know who it was! One teeny, tiny detail I almost forgot to mention, I got a call from Elm to get the master ball from him. This time Raikou had no way to escape when we crossed paths.

Raikou makes up the 4th spot on my team now! This was the good news I had been saving. While my favorite of the legendary dogs will always be Suicune, Raikou is probably the best encounter for my current team since I have no electric Pokemon. I like all of the beasts in truth, Suicune, Raikou and Entei.

Onix had remained faithfully by my side until I met a Rhydon while grinding in victory road. I feel bad for storing Onix, he has done his job taking physical hits just fine and was scheduled to fight the e4 so he is probably disappointed. But I think Rhydon's attacking power is closer to what our team need this time. I will try to make it up to Onix while exploring Kanto.

So Dragonair, Feraligatr, Raikou, Kadabra, Rhydon and the last member of my Elite four team is Rapidash. I caught a Ponyta in the grass outside the entrance to the Pokemon league. Since I never unlocked the fire stone to evolve Growlithe I decided to let Rapidash fill in tonight as understudy. haven't gotten any of the elemental stones, so my Gloom did not become a Vileplume either. I use some pre-evolutions, but they can't all be for this particular battle.

Silver took me by surprise in Mt. Silver, I did not think that I would find the exit so quickly. My pokemon were at low health due to level grinding, but it worked out fine. Feraligatr was enough for him. The most satisfying part was that Reptar one shot his Meganium with ice punch, my starter at half health and at a type disadvantage came through!

Since then everyone has grown to level 40-45 now I will be taking on the Pokemon league today. I just went to the game corner to lighten my mood first and hopefully get Fire Blast for Rapidash so it will be fully armed. I have as many lemonades, full heals, revives, max revives, full restores, ethers and berries as I can carry. Tonight we rumble.

P.s I saw Entei when I was training Ponyta. It caught me off gaurd because Ponyta wasn't prepared to trap this. He slipped through our fingers this time, but now at least now I can track him with the pokedex. You can run Entei, but you can't hide!

Years
  • Yesterday I went after the Elite Four.

I led with Kadabra in the fight against Will, it was almost a clean sweep both Xatus, Jynx and Exeggcutor all were ohko by thunder, fire and ice punches. I did swap in Raikou though and let him do the honors with the tanky Slowbro.

Round 2! Kadabra led again and got Ariados with Psychic. In came Fortress. Knowing that it can explode I got a little over-protective and withdrew Kadabra. There wasn't really a need, but I bet Rhydon was happy to see some action! He weakened Fortress with earthquake and then took it out with rollout. Rhydon ran over the rest of Koga's team until it at last occurred to Koga to use Venomoth. It used psychic, and finally ended our fun but Rhydon did just fine though, notably getting Crobat out of the way. Kadabra avenged its brother by defeating Venomoth.

Once everyone was healed we faced Bruno. Hitmonlee and Hitmontop were more lives claimed by my Kadabra, but he finally met his match in Machamp, ate our move psychic and put a stop to Kadabra's reign of terror. Kadabra can't survive getting hit by anything, least of all Machamp, it took all of Reptar's stamina to bring to that thing down. Machamp hits like a truck. Feraligatr looked pretty tired, it surfed on Onix face and then I called a back for a rest. fearing a thunderpunch from Hitmonchan. Rapidash picked up the torch and used stomp to flinch Hitmonchan. Every now in then it would use mach punch priority to try to get some damage on my horse, but it was too weak. Ginger's hooves him :)

4. Karen was the most challenging to me of the E4. Umbreon's sand attacks were no fun. I tried to go for a horndrill with Rhydon because it isn't affected by accuracy/evasion mod. We didn't get lucky this time though. So I decided to fight fire with fire. My Dragonair wrapped Umbreon, used icy wind on it, paralyzed with Dragonbreath, did every annoying thing I could thing of and finally brought that Umbreon down. The rest of the battle was divided pretty evenly between my team, Murkrow taken out by Raikou, Vileplime by my Rapidash, Gengar and by my Kadabra. Houndoom was assigned to Feraligatr, in truth it had to share that assignment with Raikou. Those crunches finally wore down my gator.

I do like Karen and what she says after we defeated her, advising us not to get too preoccupied with perceptions about "strong" and weak Pokemon but rather win with the Pokemon that we are attached to.

I'm really glad that everyone on my team got to do something Dragonair, Raikou, Feraligatr, Rapidash, Kadabra, Rhydon. But you know that isn't the end of the story. There was one more character Lance. Like Whitney he is such an iconic character that he deserves his own page in my diary.

Coming soon, the outcome of my Pokemon league challenge...

Years
  • We speak with reverence when we speak of Lance!

I know that he leads with Gyrados so I cut to the chase and countered with Raikou. Lance didn't beat around the bush, with Gyarados down he brought both barrels against me, Dragonite was up.

Lance has three Dragonites, all of them have with different coverage moves. Since 2 of them are at level 47 it can be difficult to tell which one is which sometimes. Logic told me that this was the one packing blizzard, since the other had mostly electric moves it would have fewer options against Raikou. I brought out my Feraligatr to switch into an ice type attack. Both of his Dragonites knew thunderwave so I was not terribly surprised when he instead tried to cripple with paralysis. My Reptar got through paralysis and landed an icepunch...it did not kill. Better, it froze his first Dragonite solid! This was a sign from Ho-oh, Totodile is the best Johto starter.

Well, that was great luck. I took this time to give Feraligatr a full heal to cure the paralysis, we were gonna need him. Fortunately for me he stayed frozen and. I used one more ice punch, slaying Dragonite.

Next came the second lvl 47 Dragonite, so I got Feraligatr out and used Rhydon, No thunder attacks from you bud haha...uh oh. The joke was one me! I had completely misread the two Dragonites. THIS was the ice Dragonite, one shotting my poor Rhydon with Blizzard. I brought Feraligatr back in, who took a hyberbeam to the face from that thing! A weary Feraligatr ice punched Dragonite's lights out on its recharge.

Then there was the worst of them, the level 50 Dragonite. I had nothing that could switch into Dragonite and give me time to heal Reptar. I had no choice but to leave Reptar on the field, give him some lemonade and push him onward. We needed ice punch to win. Dragonite used outrage!

That thing tore into Reptar and critical hit, he was in orage zone now, the crit offset most of healing. I was running out of options, I poured a max potion down Reptar's throat, hoping to stall out the outrage. On the final turn of outrage I went for ice punch, knowing I could take 1 outrage at full health and only one. I prayed that Magellan over there would not get through confusion and be able to set another outrage...which is what happened to me in my last Soul Silver plathrough. Luckily, this Dragnite DID hit himself in Confusion. Whew!

The ice punch connected, it was still standing and Lance used full restore, riding himself of confusion and bringing himself back to full health. Still, the second ice punch got through and crit, saving our tails! Goodbye Dragonite.

The rest of it wasn't too bad, Charizard went down easy with a surf. I tried to surf on Aerodactyl too, but the much faster Aerodactyl picked Reptar off with Rockslide, my gator was pretty weak after fighting three Dragonites. But that was okay, Raikou was able to come in and get rid of Aerodactyl. And that was game!

It was such an intense battle that I will take a vacation before travelling to Kanto. I'll visit Gdenrod City and get my boys some hair cuts, play the slot machines, catch bugs in national park, get some move tutoring maybe even do a long leisurely shiny hunt.

I thank you for the battle Lance. It shook me to the core. My favorite champion is Steven because of character development, but I think Lance is probably the hardest champion to fight, and that is a good thing.

I felt very proud of my mons seeing them go into the hall of fame. I always want to cry. I woke up at mom's house and decided to check the PC to see what present she mentioned that she bought me. A Charmander doll! My favorite starter Pokemon. How did she know?! That was the perfect end to my day. I turned off the 3ds with a smile.

Years
  • Dear diary,

Its been awhile. I haven't quit my adventures in Johto, I just haven't been writing them down. Sorry bout that! So it isn't too confusing I shall pick up where I left off.

Since my last entry I gambled joyfully and took advantage of the new move tutor. Then I won first place in the bug catching contest. I also travelled back to old routes and collected berries daily. I could not stand the thought of that poor Miltank at moomoo farms suffering. Every Pokemon who helped me win the Pokemon league was treated to hair cuts. I also racked up points with Buena's password, and have gone through trial error with breeding projects. Since I knew I would miss these cities and routes once I was in Kanto I made my last days long, enjoying every nook and cranny. I also decorated my room, since I have been sending mom my earnings I have Pikachu dolls, Clefairies and lots of nice things that remind me of the secret bases.

I dropped the GS ball off at Kurt. I had almost forgotten about it, and was a little startled when a random woman stopped me from leaving the pokemon center and gave me the ball. But it was very awesome.

Since Kurt needed time to work I decided to go meet Suicune after my team had gotten a little break. The plotline revisiting the tower is very nice, I battled the elders and summoned Suicune, Raikou and Entei with the clear bell. Of course only Entei showed up for me since I already got Raikou!

I thought I had a good stock of ultra balls, but Suicune stalled me out for more than 40 pokeballs and I ran out. I had to go back to my save point and fight her again. But this just makes me respect Suicune even more. When I finally obtained this priceless jewel I named it North Wind after the 4th Pokemon movie Celebi 4ever: Voice of the Forest. It's one of my favorites.

After a little time had passed by I went to get the GS Ball from Kurt, the animation is lovely, Kurt run around confused, magical winds blow through the air and I followed his instructions to travel to the shrine where a veautiful Celebi came forth. I squealed with delight and excitement. I used my Gloom Mandrake to wear Celebi down. Gloom also helped me obtain Suicune with her sleep powders and low base power moves like Absorb.
    Celebi was a lot more eager to come along and only needed 2 ultraballs.

I'm really excited I have never used a Celebi before. She just is magic to look at. What makes it even better is that my Mom-- my real mom not the one in the game just sent me that most charming Celebi doll.

I rewarded Gloom for her many notable services with more hair cuts. We have a lot more adventutes and misadventures to cover, but I think I will end the story here today, it doesn't get much better than making friends with Suicune and Celebi ^_^

Back