• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

More Bridge Trouble

Years
  • So I've made a new tileset that includes a bridge that is meant to be passed over/under. I've matched it to Essential's bridges in every way?terrain tag (15), priority (4), layer (3rd), and passability?yet it's not working the way it should. I am triggering pbBridgeOn and Off as normal, but the problem lies mostly within the passability. Here is the bridge:
    More Bridge Trouble

The 3 blue tiles above the arch are the "bridge." Much like Essential's bridge, they are not passable at their tops and bottoms.

So when the player walks over the bridge, pbBridge is activated, things work as they should, and life is good. But when the player walks under, pbBridge is inactive, yet they get stuck by the passability of the bridge:
    More Bridge Trouble

which looks like this:
    More Bridge Trouble

Shouldn't passability be overridden when pbBridge is off? Can someone please explain why is this happening? Are there certain tiles meant to be placed a layer under the bridge, or is it something to do with the mysterious TT of 13...

Years
    • Seen Aug 15, 2022
    You must set this tileset with high value Priority in Tileset (Database).

Years
  • You mean set the priority of the bridge right? The bridge is already a priority of 4. I'll try making it 5, see if that does anything different.

Years
    • Seen Aug 15, 2022
    and you need set Passage -> 4 dir (because you set 2 dir. So, the player can't move)

Years
  • As I can notice from your image, the bridge tiles do not include the up border of the bridge (the down border is included as i can see). If you done everything correctly, the only problem is that border that you may have set as non passable, while it should be a bridge too.

Back