• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

If Pikachu and Eevee had 'Yellow Version Rules' Which would you pick?

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen May 28, 2019
Just out of curiosity, I know this would be pretty much defeating the whole object of having an Eevee, but if Pokemon Let's Go Pikachu and Eevee were Yellow-style games, but you could pick either one as your starter based on the following rules, who would you pick?

1) The Pikachu or Eevee is far stronger than regular Pikachu/Eevee. It will grow to be as strong as it's evolutionary forms would be, and is holding light ball or an item which benefits Eevee greatly.

2) Neither can evolve. Yes I know this would defeat Eevee's current main purpose/gimmick, but maybe it could be a good story mechanic? Especially since this Eevee could grow to be as powerful as it's evolutions.

3) They follow you around outside their Pokeballs and react to stuff around you in a cute way, just like Pikachu did before, but way more.

4) Your rival has the other one.

I'm quite torn, on the one hand I'd want to see Eevee reacting to stuff, on the other I've raised far more eevees and there aren't many electric types that I like or haven't trained. Whereas there's tons of normal types left to choose from, I haven't raised half of those!

Which would you choose?

Last edited:

HeroLinik

To this day, he still can't beat Air Man...
Years
Pikachu probably has a lot more going for it. While they both have only one weakness, the major difference is that Pikachu can gain access to low-risk, high-reward moves like Thunderbolt, while Eevee has only Double-Edge which also deals damage to the user. There isn't really much movepool wise that Eevee has to offer either, while Pikachu learns a larger array of moves, despite the fact that most of it's just STAB.

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
Pikachu probably has a lot more going for it. While they both have only one weakness, the major difference is that Pikachu can gain access to low-risk, high-reward moves like Thunderbolt, while Eevee has only Double-Edge which also deals damage to the user. There isn't really much movepool wise that Eevee has to offer either, while Pikachu learns a larger array of moves, despite the fact that most of it's just STAB.

Eevee can learn Shadow Ball, making it an awesome counter to Ghost Pokemon since it'd be immune to Ghost moves by being a Normal Type. It also can learn Bite, hence giving it some advantage against Psychic Types(albeit not like what Dark Types themselves enjoy in immunity). That said, I'd like the option of being able to EVOLVE my starter. The one thing that annoyed me greatly about Pokemon Yellow was that your rival was able to evolve his Eevee but you couldn't evolve your starting Pikachu unless you went to the Trading Corner and traded it to another game, evolved it to Raichu, and traded it back(wherein it wouldn't follow you anymore).

Many players would opt to choose Eevee if given the option because then they could Evolve it to whatever Eevee Evolution they desired(which includes keeping it as its base Normal Type form). You like Umbreon, go ahead and evolve it at night to have one. Love the new Fairy Type in Sylveon, same deal as before. While Eevee is a popular option due to the flexibility you can have with regards to Team Building, Pikachu for a Kanto starter is a really, really good one thanks to all those early route flying types. Plus by being able to learn Double Team(at level 15 in Yellow), Pikachu can defeat even Pokemon and Trainers it has a distinct disadvantage against(like Pewter Gym). Eevee can match Pikachu in defeating Pokemon it's not strong against but requires far more effort with Sand Attack(whereas Double Team can carry over to multiple Pokemon).

I should add that another reason people would choose Eevee is for breeding purposes. You can then breed an entire army of Eevee and create an army of Eevee Evolutions. Seeing as Rattata is an early route Normal Type that shares the same Egg Group, you can breed Eevee relatively early.

Last edited:
Back