• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other✓] .gba file not working in emulator

Years
    • Seen Mar 27, 2019
    Hey guys!
    I have a new problem. Everytime I made a major change to my ROM, I saved the file differently. I have about 4 different files, which were all working in both the hacking tools and the emulator.
    I just changed a bit of the tileset and messed up (it was just a small mistake and I already fixed it). I opened one of the earlier files in Advance Map and everything was working. But when I tried to open the file in the emulator, it just showed a white screen.
    I tried the working (previously messed up) file again and it opened without problems. So I wanted to make a backup in case I mess up again. But when I copied the file, the copied game wasn't starting. No matter if I open and save it somewhere else or copy it into another directory, it just shows this white screen.
    What can I do?

Last edited:
    Years
  • what kind of rom is it? frlg or rse if it's rse try this Go to Options > Emulator > Save Type > Flash 128k
    and so if that works if you are using rse rom if you are using frlg then you prob mess up something that makes the game run or even start up you might want to redownload the roms if the thing keeps coming back and then start frash it's like what rom hackers say always backup your roms everytime you you work on it because some roms are not very stable when you mess around with it but that's all i have to say i'm someone else will have a better way of getting this fixed in no time

Years
    • Seen Mar 27, 2019
    It's a FireRed ROM.
    I don't understand how the ROM works, but an exact copy of the file doesn't

Years
    • Seen Mar 27, 2019
    I "solved" the problem.
    I copied the broken file to a USB-Stick and opened them in Advance Map on another PC. Then I saved the file and it was working again. I was able to copy the file as often as I wanted and it still worked. When I did the same on the first PC every copy was still broken...
    I guess it's not completely solved, but it works for me

Back