• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Intro] (also [Help]) Hello! Recently joined and thought this would be the place to ask!

MultipedBeatle

MultipedBeatle
Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 8, 2022
    I just recently started replaying the Pokemon games, starting with FireRed/LeafGreen with the FRLG+ patch. I don't necessarily have a favorite Pokemon but I absolutely LOVE Unova. It was the first region I played and owned a cartridge for. I hope to one day find it in the muds of my grandparent's house, but I have a feeling it is long gone. X and Y were amazing in my opinion, but I never fully complete Sun or Moon despite owning both versions. I lost interest and have not purchased any new games since then, so I figured now I would start over before buying the new games. I have this summer and some time during school to play, so hopefully I can do what I can!

I do have a couple questions though, what would be the best way to play these games with potential to collect all Pokemon in each region? I know about version differences and starters, but I would like to keep that to a minimum if possible. Is there a patch to allow for collecting all of these Pokemon in a single run for more than FR/LG, or do I have to bite the bullet?

On that same note, I am planning to move all of my Pokemon through the generations to keep a "living dex" of sorts. Sadly, I have to play FR/LG on an emulator and only have the ROMs of every game before Black 2/White 2. What would be the easiest way to bring these Pokemon to the new generations? I know I can use PKHeX to transfer from the emulator save, but I was wondering if there was an easier way to transfer after that from the DS games to one another.

I apologize for the more Help oriented Intro post, but I know that this place is going to be a new favorite forum for me as I start my Pokemon journeys again. Thank you and nice meeting you!

Years
  • Hello MultipedBeatle, and welcome to the forums!

It's great that you enjoy playing the older games again! The power of nostalgia!
    When you say Unova, do you mean Black and White, or Black 2 and White 2 ?
    I played Black 2 a few years ago, and I loved it! The best pair of games in my opinion regarding all we can do in it to train pokémon (White Tree or Black Tower!) and even a galleria we could dedicate to making pokémon happy! And so many rare candies (I didn't even know what to make of the last ones)! ^^
    What was your team in your game ?
    I wish you good luck to find the cartridge.

You can find the help you need in the Previous Generations subsection regarding the best ways to play, and in the Fan Games section regarding how to transfer pokémon between ROMs.
    I hope this helps, and it's nice to meet you too!

MultipedBeatle

MultipedBeatle
    Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 8, 2022
    I played both! I owned Black before I lost it and currently own White 2.

I believe I used Snivey as my starter and had a low level team that I really struggled with as I was a "power through and use repel everywhere" underlevel player.

Thank you so much for the help! I've been trying to reintegrate myself into the Pokemon community by watching videos and such. I play Pokemon Showdown with my friends sometimes but I think playing them fully is more fun.

Years
  • You're welcome. May I suggest the forum's Trivia and Games, fun games to play with others here on Pokécommunity!
    I took Snivy as my starter too! Though I tend to use only one or two pokémon from the start so they get higher levels and power over opponents through the game. When I played Ruby, I had just one Swampert, who soloed everything, up to the League! ^^
    On Black 2 though, as soon as the Black Tower was open, I could train a team of 6 to level 100, no limitations!

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Hm, you might want to ask in Previous Generations? I honestly can't say with any certainty if there's a quick and easy solution to your problem. Maybe the Trade sections would have answers too? Ah, I wish I could be of more help to you!

Either way, best of luck and welcome to the community! Also rest in peace your B/W cartridge. u_u;

Years
  • Hello!

Good luck with your Living Dex, idk if it's even possible to still do it on the older games.
    Not often do I see someone praise X/Y, I'm rather fond of Kalos myself, especially it's new Pokemon. Do you remember your team for X/Y?

MultipedBeatle

MultipedBeatle
    Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 8, 2022
    I should fire up my copy! I never wiped my copy, so I may back up my save or continue my journey from there. I believe I chose Froakie, but I may be mistaken. Living Dex is definitely going to be a challenge, but if there's only glitches to get the event Pokemon I might just have to do it.

Just fired up my copy before posting. Realized I tried to use save editors and homebrew to store my Pokemon and I cannot find them. However, my team consists of Snorlax, 'X Dear', Charizard, Lucario, Greninja, and Pikachu. I was at the Zygarde fight too! Had to use an escape rope to buy better Pokeballs to guarantee the catch though!

Back