• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Graphics] Where can I find Type sprites?

Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2022
    So i used a tool that lets you change type names and effectiveness and it works great. You can even add new types! (also, could you suggest a move editor that reads extra types? for moves i always used g3t but it doesnt, so for now i just used the ??? type and modified it) the only problem is that you can rename a type but in-game it looks the same because it is actually a sprite(i think at least). I tried searching the type sprites using Nameless Sprite Editor but didnt find them. so i installed unLZ-gba but I can't find them there either (I know Pokemon sprites start at around 670 and trainers start after that)
    Could you reccomend me a tool that lets you edit even those sprites, or at least tell me where they are in unLZ? Im using pokemon firered btw

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2024
    Assuming you're using Fire Red 1.0 The type Icons sprite is at offset E961DC with palette at E95DBC

In NSE you should be able to Navigate to it.
    Set it to 16 x 14 Width and Height

Back