• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Question] Pokédex Check

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Hey, for my fangame I currently have a regional Pokédex of 250 Pokémon. The idea is that I want the player to be able to go talk to the local Professor, and the professor would be able to check the Pokédex with different conversation options depending on whether the player's caught or seen 1-49, 50-99, 100-149, 150-199, 200-249, or 250 Pokémon.

I know the different options for what the professor would say is under branches, but how would I go about making the professor check the Pokédex?

Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Apr 11, 2024
    Assuming you're using Pokémon Essentials, take a look at the common event under Database for the Professor when you call him. That's where he checks the number of Pokémon you have caught.

Last edited:
    Back