• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other] [Idea] Creating a faux Combat Power system

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Feb 26, 2020
So, one idea I had for my hack is to make a limiter for one of the gyms be that the player must have a Pokémon with a specific stat spread in order to get in (kind of like how Misty requires a L15 mon in LGPE, for example) and the best way I could think to do this is to do something similar to Pokémon GO's CP system. Before you correct me about the fact that the main series has twice as many stats and yell at me for being a fake fan GO player, part of the idea is to factor in the stat conversions - The Gym Gatekeeper would use all of the conversion formulas from GO, or just use a lookup table, then use THOSE stats with the GO CP formula (or a much simpler derivative of it, namely with the CPM removed), and the resulting number, if it's high enough, would pass and the Gatekeeper would let the player continue. If it's smaller, then the player gets kicked out and them must either grind or catch something with high enough stats (or maybe the same stats but spread differently) such that the "CP" would be high enough. I know for a fact this would take quite a lot of ASM (which already makes me want to not use this idea), but what would the process even be to write such a system? How would I program in the stat compression formulas, and the CP formula?

Back