• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

HGSS Autotiles for RMXP

Years
Introduction

Some time ago, I've made a post asking for Feedback and tips about an HGSS Autotile I've was working on HGSS Sea Tileset feedback (Relic Castle). On that post, after I finally was able to do something next to where I was intending, I've promised that I would share the autotiles with the community. Well, this day is today!

The following resource is a pack with some HGSS Autotile Rips for RMXP. Because of that, this will probably work at any version of Pokémon Essentials, although the code itself was only tested in v18.x and v19.x.

Recommended Resources:

Pictures

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Autotiles Preview
HGSS Sea

Spoiler:

HGSS Waves

Spoiler:

HGSS Rocks

Spoiler:

HGSS Beach

Spoiler:

HGSS Flowers

Spoiler:

[/CENTER]
Instructions

Download any autotile that you want through the link: HGSS Autotiles for RMXP and put the images in the folder Graphics/Autotiles of your main project.

How to Draw the Tiles

There are two types of autotiles. Those who will be automatically drawn, like HGSS Ledge, and those who need to be manually drawn in order to work, like HGSS Sea and Rocks. To drawn those tiles, all that you need to do is to draw a 4x4 tile grid, anywhere in your map, but the "corner" tiles. just like the image below shows:

SCJHYqu.png

After drawing the complete tile, you'll need to copy that 4x4 tile using the right button of the mouse while pressing the Shift key of your Keyboard. This essentially will copy just the autotile as it's shown, not how RMXP usually draws it. All you need to do after it's to draw the autotile as intended, using either the Pencil, the Rectangle or the Flood options.

The necessary Code

Before testing the new autotiles though, you'll need to do a bit of coding. But don't worry our pal DogzNDogz113 is here to help both myself and you, dear reader.

Open your Script Editor and search for the following code, without the XX in the end:

Code:
Animated_Autotiles_Frames = 5*Graphics.frame_rate/XX

The XX here represents whatever number it's written in your version. All that you need to do right now is to change "XX" to 30, like so:

Code:
Animated_Autotiles_Frames = 5*Graphics.frame_rate/30

And then, you're done!

Credits

HGSS Autotiles for RMXP

If you use it, please give credits to:

Ripped by DeepBlue PacificWaves, WolfPP and SirMalo

Code by DogzNDogz113

Last edited:
Years
More autotiles ripped and ready to go!

Heya folks? How are you guys going in this spoopy season? Do the cool kids still talk like this?

I know I'm kinda missing lately, but I am still alive (barely) and trying to find time to work on my Essentials Resources. One of them that I didn't work on too much lately, the HGSS Autotiles for RMXP just got a new update. This time, I added new autotiles, like the waves on the sandy beaches and lovely flowers, to bring out the most of nature in your maps.

I also added a preview of the autotiles animations, so you can take a peek at how the animations are going to look beforehand. I also included "clean lake waves" for those who want to add a cave lake/walk board planks map more easily.

Hope y'all have a great time

~ DeepBlue PacificWaves

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Feb 3, 2024
these are great thanks! are the scripts necessary? my water tiles seem to be working fine without them. Will those scripts potentially mess up the intended frame rate of other autotiles in the game?

Back