• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

WIP/ PoC GBADevelop: pokemon gba style game base for gdevelop program

Years
UPDATE: Sorry for the late update I didn't have 5 posts and had life stuff going on, the link is updated with my most recent edits to the project and also if anyone wants to take it and run with it feel free my progress with it is rather slow atm.

Not sure if anybody will find this useful, but I'm currently working on a gba styled game template for the gdevelop program.
It's WIP/proof of concept but I'll share updates as I progress, when it's finished my goal is to be able to make pokemon firered/emerald-esque games with it, just gba styled games wether fangames, fakemon or entirely original games in the gba pokemon style.
Note: It's setup to be exported specifically for android using cordova. However you could easily change the controls etc to export to windows etc just remove the controller UI and change the inputs to keyboard.

I'm using placeholder graphics and focusing on the events and making it functional.
so far I've got a simple demo,

current wip features:
*Title screen with blinking press start
*example maps with player and npcs
*working HP bars
*battle screen
*NPC Dialogue with portrait box.
*Press start to open pause menu to save (saves current HP, XY coordinates, controller color, and current map)
*Touch screen gba style controller UI with changeable themes (in the pause menu settings)
*Party screen (not fully implemented)

Todo:
*Finish the battle system and implement stats, attacks, etc
*Character storage
*Bag and Items system
*following characters option
*NPC behavior/movement
*Time system
*Clean up and organize the events/variables
*Document how to use

Other possibly planned Features:
*Secret Bases
*Berry Gardening
*Pokemon Refresh
*Pokemon file Import/Export

Screenshots:
Spoiler:

Demo: https://mega.nz/file/BHswDIDY#o209goHH9XivRxUQYKB767iIYemH7KwfSKF3UWcWe80
Note: I don't suggest using it until I work out the rest of the features this is just a preview proof of concept kindof thing
Also you'll need Gdevelop 5 to open it its a free program.

Hope this is okay to post if there's any problems let me know

Last edited:
Back