• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Let's Make the Player Suffer

Years
    • Seen Jun 23, 2020
    Hi, I'm crazy and probably old and like to make my friends and me suffer, which is why I'd like to do my best to make this hack.

Base: Fire Red

Planned Features
    • 8 Gyms, all with high difficulty (the first Gym will have the first of the 2-3 Pokemon be an Evolved Pokemon and only 1 Pokemon will hit the Gym for weakness at that point, for starters). Still want to keep it type-specific, at least for the first 2-4 (all 8 would be cool though). Will be beatable, but excessively (I hope it will be, or I failed at this job) frustrating.
    • Once you enter a Gym and step into the first Trainer's eyesight, you cannot leave until the Leader is defeated (via Spin Tiles and the script from the Victory Road Guards).
    • The game in general will be more difficult (after you pick your first Pokemon, you'll fight your Rival before any other trainer or Pokemon like RBY/FRLG first did, but the rival will be Lv6-7. That Potion from the PC better save you!)
    • Certain battles will have back-to-back battles; you thought you were safe from this last trainer? Nah, got 1 more Trainer to go before you can open that Start Menu (this, I wanna know how to implement)
    • No VS Seeker or Amulet Coin until after the game is completed, and Repels and Escape Ropes will not be available in-store.
    • Team Rocket as the villain team; Giovanni as the leader, with the 4 Executives, and enemies from the TCG-2 game (GR-1, GR-2, GR-3, and GR-4) as mini-bosses for the Executives. Would like Giovanni as the 8th Gym Leader, with the Gym Trainers being the GR's and the Executives. Giovanni will use 9-10 Pokemon's on you (he'll battle you twice; 4-5 Pokemons the first time, his true team of 5 the 2nd time).
    • Would like to keep it to Gen 1-3, while adding Gen 4 Pokemons that have pre-evolutions in the first 3 Gens (like Rhyperior, Togekiss, etc)
    • Certain optional battles available in each town for more EXP and money, but if you lose, you can't battle them again. Some of them include the Cipher Admins!
    • 3 Legendaries can be caught before the Elite Four Battle, but to defeat them, you must defeat 4 Trainers first, 3 of which will be using them!
    • Victory Road *will* require you to use at least 6 TMs to progress.
    • Whatever else I can think of that can make people feel very annoyed at this game. Highly considering no Master Ball...

Last edited:
    Back