• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

!~Opinions Wanted~!

Years
  • I'm thinking of writing up a Pokémon Fan Fiction. I don't really have any idea on what I should do or even how to start, so if anyone could maybe help me with some ideas that'd be great.

Preferably, I wouldn't like it to be futuristic or romantic, but I don't mind it if it's violent or humorous.

People's ideas I use will have their username in the credits, and will even be able to help me write it up. Kind of like a co-host on a show, someone who will help me out is what I'm looking for.

I've come up with some ideas of my own, tell me what you think.

Two Main Characters, with one Pokémon each.

Three Main Story Ideas:

· Touring around the Pokémon world (will include finding different Pokémon from location to location)

· Becoming the Pokémon Master (will include beating the elite four/gym leaders, training lots, getting stronger all the time)

and

· Looking after baby/injured Pokémon (will include caring for the newborn and injured Pokémon that get sent to the Vet after birth defaults/abandoned births/Pokémon which have been in accidents/injured Pokémon)

I really want to get this started as I'm on school holidays, so kind of a holiday project to get me through.

Thanks
    DannyPhantom

PS. Send me an email if you would like to be apart of this, or have a really good idea that you don't want to share with everyone else.

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
    Years
  • As a warning, journey fics like your first two ideas tend to be dangerous for a writer who's either new to fanfiction itself or new to the Pokemon fandom and thus unfamiliar with the kinds of fics the Pokemon fandom has already done. While I don't mean to label you as being either, new authors (and even some experienced ones) sometimes attempt these kinds of fics, only to have them fairly ignored or lumped in with tons of other journey fics because, to be blunt, everyone and their mothers have written at least one journey fic in their career as a Pokemon fanfiction writer. So, you're probably going to run into cliches that you might not be aware of, or you might simply be passed off as another journey fic unless you either have kickass writing skills or have managed to bring up something that hasn't been done in an OT story before. (This, in itself, is probably difficult to do, given the fact that journey fics have been around since the beginning of Pokemon. While I know some of the obvious overdone concepts, I don't know them all off the top of my head, so I really couldn't possibly warn you about the ones that have been done.)

This isn't to say that you shouldn't do it. If you think you can pull it off, that's great. Just remember that if you want more readers (on this board especially, given the fact that I believe we have higher standards than a number of other Pokemon fic communities), you're going to have to sit down and really think things through about your plot. I would suggest going through Fanfiction.net or another fic community and just read summaries and/or various chapters of trainer fics to see the kinds of things other writers have done... and then attempt to figure out what would be considered unique in terms of fanfiction, based on what you find.

Likewise for the taking care of baby/injured Pokemon. Believe it or not, there's been a number of fics on FFNet about that as well. (At least, there were when I was still active there a couple of years ago.) However, this idea's a bit vague, so it could go a number of ways. Trainer fics tend to be a bit more limited in options for whatever reason.

In any case, just giving you a heads up about your ideas. I really can't tell you much more because I don't know exactly what you have in mind for any of them. Whatever you do, good luck.

Back