• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Need help making a competitive team

Noctis

Finally back after some family problems
Years
  • Hi guys I was thinking of making a team with Tapu Fini,Aegislash,Landorus-Therian,Gengar,Lycanroc,and Sylveon.Any moveset suggestions would be great thanks.

Sirfetch’d

Smogon has a great variety of movesets for recommendation. I don't think it's a really good idea for us to hand pick each one for you as that is part of you making a team but we are more than happy to help once you get started. Check out this link and find the Pokemon that you want to use and check out their recommended movesets. Pick which ones you like and post them here so we can evaluate your choices.

Noctis

Finally back after some family problems
    Years
  • Aegislash @ Leftovers
    Ability: Stance Change
    EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
    IVs: 0 Spe
    Sassy Nature
    - King's Shield
    - Toxic
    - Gyro Ball
    - Shadow Ball

Gengar @ Gengarite
    Ability: Cursed Body
    EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
    Timid Nature
    - Will-O-Wisp
    - Taunt
    - Hex
    - Sludge Wave

Landorus-Therian @ Leftovers
    Ability: Intimidate
    EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 Spe
    Impish Nature
    - Stealth Rock
    - Earthquake
    - Hidden Power Ice
    - U-turn

Lycanroc @ Lycanium Z
    Ability: Steadfast
    EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
    Jolly Nature
    - Swords Dance
    - Stone Edge
    - Drill Run
    - Accelerock

Sylveon @ Leftovers
    Ability: Pixilate
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
    Bold Nature
    - Hyper Voice
    - Wish
    - Protect
    - Heal Bell

Tapu Fini @ Leftovers
    Ability: Misty Surge
    EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 Spe
    Timid Nature
    - Taunt
    - Nature's Madness
    - Moonblast
    - Defog

TimmyTom

TimmyTom
    Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2018
    What's good? Is this VGC or Singles? And bro you aren't usually allowed duplicate Items so most of those leftovers should be changed for something else. For the Fini I suggest maybe giving it choice specs or a scarf and teach it all attacking moves (not natures madness) or just slap an assualt vest on it. Maybe give the sylveon calm mind so it hits harder and just becomes an amazing tank also because it is obviously the cleric maybe give it an Iapapa berry so it can stay in longer. The lycanrock should probably have a focus sash if this is singles otherwise maybe consider the midnight form as this lycanrock is usually better on sandstorm teams in doubles (maybe you should try making one of those). Make the landerous timid and give it all special moves like earth power so it isn't phased by other landerous' intimidates and can knock them out with HP ice as it will be out speeding. If you want to make your landerous even faster put a choice scarf on it unless you went with that on your tapu fini in which case give it the choice specs for more damage. Maybe give the Aegislash a z-crystal and make it special with flash canon rather than the conditional gyro ball becuase there are a lot slower mons like mega abomasnow that wall it out.

I hope I helped. These are just my opinions and I would much rather you play with a team you like and want to use than just following what others say.

Last edited:

Aduitt

Confused
    Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2018
    Aegislash @ Leftovers
    Ability: Stance Change
    EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
    IVs: 0 Spe
    Sassy Nature
    - King's Shield
    - Toxic
    - Gyro Ball
    - Shadow Ball

Gengar @ Gengarite
    Ability: Cursed Body
    EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
    Timid Nature
    - Will-O-Wisp
    - Taunt
    - Hex
    - Sludge Wave

Landorus-Therian @ Leftovers
    Ability: Intimidate
    EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 Spe
    Impish Nature
    - Stealth Rock
    - Earthquake
    - Hidden Power Ice
    - U-turn

Lycanroc @ Lycanium Z
    Ability: Steadfast
    EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
    Jolly Nature
    - Swords Dance
    - Stone Edge
    - Drill Run
    - Accelerock

Sylveon @ Leftovers
    Ability: Pixilate
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
    Bold Nature
    - Hyper Voice
    - Wish
    - Protect
    - Heal Bell

Tapu Fini @ Leftovers
    Ability: Misty Surge
    EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 Spe
    Timid Nature
    - Taunt
    - Nature's Madness
    - Moonblast
    - Defog

If you are making a competitive team, make sure you have no more than 2 weakness for a type. Your team is great but it seems to have no check for moves such as earthquake or a ghost type move.
    I would recommend swapping lycanroc out for a normal-flying pokemon, such as Mega-Pidgeot. I would also suggest that gengar reverts to its non mega variant as the earthquake thing can wipe it out in one hit, negating its use for a lock-in perish song.
    Also consider that half your team should be special attackers, the other physical. If you replace lycanroc with mega-pidgeot, you should probably make agislash a physical attacker by replacing shadow ball.
    This is only my advice. You don't need to use it if you don't want to.
    Anyway, hope I helped a little.

Back