• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Gen 8] Randomized Shield Nuzlocke

Years
    • Seen Oct 24, 2023
    Well I've played through Sword a few times and now I'm going to go through Shield, but as a Randomizer. :) Also may do the DLC depending on how well the rest of the nuzlocke goes.

So Rules:
    1-First Pokemon I See Pop Up on the Overworld will be my encounter for the Route.
    2-I will catch Pokemon in two areas of the Wild Area at first and two per every two badges in other areas etc.
    3-All Pokemon will be nicknamed no current theme just whatever strikes me.
    4-If a Pokemon faints it is considered 'dead' and is no longer usable.

Randomized:
    1-Trainer Pokemon
    2-Wild Encounters
    3-Starter Pokemon
    4-Static/Gift Pokemon

Starter Choices were Exeggcute, Purrloin, and Shelmet not the best choices. I went with Exeggcute out of the three options. Hopefully we can get some good encounters.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 24, 2023
    -Lost first rival battle to Hop, but doesn't count yet as hadn't received PokeBalls yet.
    -Did the bit with Wooloo couldn't catch anything yet so frustrating considering you don't get to go back until much later.
    -Went to Wedgehurst and got Pokedex from Sonia, bought some supplies and headed down Route 2 to talk to Professor Magnolia
    -Battled against Hop again his team was a Lvl. 6 Poliwag, Lvl. 8 Fomantis, and a Lvl. 5 Hoothoot. Really easy fight though I wonder if I accidentally set the BST option when I randomized trainers. Oops
    -Off to the Wild Area now, picked up the gift Pokemon from the guy in the Train Station and it turned out to be a Centiskorch awesome! Nicknamed him Dragon and added him to the team.
    -Rolling Hills gave us Cufant as an encounter though Tapu Koko popped up at the same time wasn't going to attempt that between the two.
    -Accidentally knocked out a female Indeedee in the East Lake Axewell so no encounter in that area darn.
    -Made it to Motosoke and that is the end of the update for now.

Encounters:

Coco the Exegcute (Starter)
    Flower the Comfrey (Route 1)
    Sparka the Shinx (Route 2)
    Dragon the Centiskorch (Gift Wild Area Station)
    Dumbo the Cufant (Wild Area-Rolling Hills)
    Indeedee (Wild Area-East Lake Axewell-Fainted)

Team:
    Coco the Exeggcute
    Lvl. 11
    Nature-Hardy
    Moves:
    -Absorb
    -Hypnosis
    -Reflect
    -Leech Seed

Dumbo the Cufant
    Lvl. 10
    Nature-Relaxed