• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Research: Pokemon Conquest Rom Hacking Documentation

Years
    • Seen Jul 19, 2021
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1KQFP2mGmsFAktWEFXEfOTqjO5lHqqej1gNyV22J8_XM/edit?usp=sharing

The reason I'm posting is because if even two people were to get interested in hacking and investigating Pokemon Conquest, I'd leave this research in better hands. This is sort of like passing on the torch. I share this and hopefully someone carries it further. I wanted to present the groundwork that I had laying around and want to show that it is possible to research and hack Pokemon Conquest.

I hope someone finds this information helpful or useful. Maybe one day Pokemon Conquest will get to the level as other rom hacks in the Pokemon franchise.

I'll let the document speak for itself. Thanks for your time.

TL;DR of Document Findings

Purpose of game files by reading and translating file names

Located most, if not all, in-game objects by hex location (logs, trees, switches, etc.)

Map manipulation. Able to manipulate objects (but not Pokemon) on an xy axis, kinda. Able to manipulate the actual map background on an xy axis, also kinda.

Personal stats for Pokemon and warlords. Unable to understand how they work though.

Talked about the process and tools used to find out this information to show what methods I used.

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
  • The Ransei region discord of 191 members thanks you, this is the sort of break we've been looking for over the past year, we already have atleast 2 people (including myself) looking into this further.

once again thank you

Back