• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Patch: New Battle Backgrounds - Emerald & Fire Red

Li Yun

"Does the truth exist or is it all a lie and the w
Years
I provide everyone with an easier way to replace the battle background of their rom hack.
The data is compatible with Fire Red and Emerald, just follow the list of pointers for each version.
Below I will leave the file for download and also some images.

Download: GDrive
Download: Mediafire

Spoiler:

Emerald Data Info Backgrounds
Spoiler:

Fire Red Data Info Backgrounds
Spoiler:

Credits:
Hex Maniac Advance (That's where I imported the tiles so I could export it then the hex data.)
Riki - Gold(Creators of the battle funds.)
and me, Li Yun (I don't know why, maybe by extracting the hex data with the HxD?).

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
The instructions are telling me to convert offsets into pointers. How do I do that again?

Li Yun

Years
The instructions are telling me to convert offsets into pointers. How do I do that again?

If you inserted the tilemap into offset E3A456, for example, to convert the numbers to the pointer.
So: Offset: E3A456 = > 56 A4 E3 08
If you enter the new data in a 6-digit offset, add 08 at the end.
But if you insert the data into a 7-digit offsett, add 09 at the end.
Example: 1E3A456 = > 56 A4 E3 09

Prof. Leon Dias

Let your memes be dreams
Years
Wanted to report a few issues (tested in FR, btw):

For the Sandy, Sea and Cave tilemaps, it seems that when the battle starts, the opposing pokemons area cuts off, and the very bottom slides in as the battle starts (kinda hard to describe). Unfortunately it makes battles using those 3 look a bit off.
The Sea tilemap also has an issue where the background does not actually line up

I also noticed that you edited the Pond to instead reflect snow, but it still has the intro of flowing water when the battle starts.

Last edited:

Li Yun

Years
Wanted to report a few issues (tested in FR, btw):

For the Sandy, Sea and Cave tilemaps, it seems that when the battle starts, the opposing pokemons area cuts off, and the very bottom slides in as the battle starts (kinda hard to describe). Unfortunately it makes battles using those 3 look a bit off.
The Sea tilemap also has an issue where the background does not actually line up

I also noticed that you edited the Pond to instead reflect snow, but it still has the intro of flowing water when the battle starts.

Thank you for reporting these errors, I will fix them and make an update available as soon as possible.

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Apr 16, 2024
I tried the Emerald Normal Grass,on HexManiacAdvance, but apart from the intro map everything else looks messed up on the preview,also for some reason nothing changed in game.Tried it with HxD too and still nothing changed in game.Know what the issue might be?

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jul 30, 2022
the intro maps (4th file for every background) for all 10 battle backgrounds don't work, any fix?

Back