• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Northerner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2008
    I have a strange new idea I wondered if anyone wants to explore.

The history leading up the the role-play goes some thousand years or more into the past- where a traitorous ruler betrays (Pied Piper of Hamlin style) a Supreme Pokemon Master, who holds each of the Legendary Pokemon.
    I saw this pokemon master as being a woman, very wise and almost scary in her dignity and power. Soleme, I thought her name could be.
    Instead of paying her for her services to his realm, the ruler attempts to poison Soleme. Her pokemon are driven mad with rage while she languishes in a coma. But her control over her body and mind are too great, and she eventually defeats the poison, and awakes. She is crushed with shame at the rampage her pokemon have undertaken, but on the same hand, filled with righteous wrath at this ruler.
    She holds a court, at which every single one of the poeple living in the domain must attend, and each of them must reveal if in their hearts they would have done the same as the ruler. Those who would have remained faithful are released, those who would have also betrayed Soleme are imprisoned by mountains in their domain.

The roleplay reaches the present.
    The ghost of Soleme, wretched with sadness over the long suffering of the imprisoned people -who of course are the far-descendants of those who were guilty and had no real part in any of the ancient trouble.
    She resolves to help them break the ancient curse she made.
    The trouble is, half of her soul is still angry. That half has torn itself away. So now there is a good Soleme, and an evil one.
    The good Soleme helps one or more of the Northerners -those who had been imprisoned- escape. If the trainers can capture each of the legendary pokemon, they will be able to undo what Soleme did in life.
    But evil Soleme is cunning. She manages a frightful thing. Through her power she manages to transform the Northerners into human-pokemon! Pokeballs will not work in their hands. They are effectively pokemon themselves.
    So: Soleme has her cronies trying to capture the human-pokemon NOrtherners, to turn them into her slaves. But they must begin their pokemon journey, and without the help of pokeballs and what have you. They must earn the trust of their pokemon allies, and can never really own them.

anyway. Any interest, or suggestions at this point from any of the experienced writers?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back