• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Day and Night!

Years
  • hqdefault.jpg
    wp_ss_20140605_0006.png

One of the most noticeable new features in Gold/Silver/Crystal was the day and night system. For the first time, we were able to set the time and play during the night in game.

Did you like this feature?

I loved it, and really liked that wild Pokemon encounters could change depending on the time of day! Glad this feature stayed with future installments in the series.

Guest123_x1

Although I thought it was quite interesting how the game's color palette would change through the day, I never liked how certain Pokémon I wanted were only available in the morning, since on non-school days, I rarely got up early enough in the morning to play a Generation II game within the timeframe specified as 'morning'. The majority of the time I spent playing G/S/C was in the evening, although I would play during the day a lot on the weekends.

Back