• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Scripting Question] Problem adding a new terrain type in 17.2

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jul 16, 2018
So I want to create a new terrain type, such that, if the player walks into tall grass, different Pokemon to those that spawn in the regular grass appear.

I have followed this tutorial on the Pokemon Essentials Wiki;

Adding_a_new_terrain_tag_for_wild_encounters (Unfortunately I can't post the link as I haven't posted 5 times yet.)

but I suspect it isn't working for 17.2 - I follow the tutorial, go into the PBS encounters file, set the encounters up there, go into the debug menu and change tall grass to have the correct terrain type. But then when I walk on the tall grass, the Pokemon that should be appearing for just "Land" appear with no sight of the Pokemon I set to appear in the tall grass.

What do I need to do to get this working? Thank you for your time.

-Masey

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jul 16, 2018
I'm an idiot... I didn't change the tileset to the correct one when changing the terrain type of long grass in the debug menu.

Back