• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Red hack: Pokemon Light Red

Aryan 10

Battle Legend
Years
Hello everyone! This is my first hack and I have worked hard for it. I know I am just a beginner hacker and I gave my best for this. If anyone encounters a bug then please tell me about that.

Hack name
Pokemon Light Red Version
Hack of
Pokemon Red
Story
Same as Pokemon Red

Features

Spoiler:

Bugs

Spoiler:

Tools Used

Spoiler:

Credits

Spoiler:

Screenshots

Spoiler:

Download Link

Download the ips file with the link given below and patch it with a clean Red rom

Dropbox Link
https://www.dropbox.com/s/wqy6oif3c0dmd8q/Pokemon Light Red.ips?dl=0

Attachments

• Pokemon Light Red.ips
    148.2 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:

Z34guy

Pretty Little Psycho
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 10, 2022
I ran into an issue. When I went to select bulbasaur, after the pokedex entry, the screen went white and refused to do anything.

Z34guy

Pretty Little Psycho
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 10, 2022
Yeah that's a bug with the Red Full Color Hack which he used as a baserom. It only runs correctly in certain emulators it seems. According to the thread for the rombase, it requires either BGB or VBA-M to work properly. I find that ironic, since BGB is the most accurate GBC Emulator out there, and VBA-M is absolute rubbish with non-GBA games. But somehow, that's how it works out. Hope that helps.

switched to vba m and it solved the problem. That's a weird one. Thanks for the tip!

Back