• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Discussion] Need to know which one sounds best for a yellow version - like game?

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen May 12, 2022
Hi, I'm trying to work on a game like the title say - is like yellow version, where you have one pokemon that follows you around the whole game and something I really would like to do, is have the pokemon react to things by playing a short animation on screen, and I'm kind of unsure which "voice" to use for Pokemon.

I did have something of a little demonstration video where it went through the sound clips using Popplio as an example, but I'm unsure how to do video's here so I guess I'll just describe things.

The first one is using the game sound - I feel like its probably the safest route and its the easiest to mess with to turn into different sounding cries - so far I have edited the cry into being used as a "shivering" sound effect when you enter an area he's scared of for the first time.

The second one, is using a bit of voice I took off a youtube video - I feel like this one would probably be truer to the yellow version inspiration, but at the same time I feel like it would be the hardest to get.

The final one is just seal barking I got from some public domain site, and I think its pretty funny and fitting - though it seems to be kind of hard to find seal sounds for me in general, so I had to resort to using dog growling for an "angry" reaction test.

kinesis

Sounds like one of them lil' birds
Years
I think to be honest if you had the time the second option would be the best. I'm sure you could find a wide range of emotions from a Popplio in the anime.
Hopefully anyway, I don't know how often that Pokemon has been in the anime as I don't follow it.
Good luck on whatever you pick!

Back