• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Binary] Moémon Mega Fire Red

BlizzWhite

Stardust Hurricane.
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
rgfxfj.9504

Introduction

Hello, I'm Blizz, I'm mainly a spriter and I have been interested in ROM hacking for over a decade. While I never delved too into ROM hacking until recent times, I have been spriting for years and I always wanted to make a ROM hack of my own. Despite of that, this hack is not of my own, instead I took the place of many others that worked before me, since I came in I wanted to restart the project and rebuild it from scratch since I am aware of all the potential this game has, I am looking to catch the attention of more people and make our work known for more people, as well as increasing the quality of our game, that's why we are looking for new talent to expand the team.

What is the project about?

Moémon is a project that brings to life cute sprites of Moé Gijinka, human-like characters based on the species found in the Pokémon world, we strive to make the best Moémon sprites with the best designs we can as well as aiming to keep our quality standards high. Moémon Mega Fire Red's goal is to be an enhaced version of Pokémon Fire Red, but we want to be more than just that and we plan to expand and remake some parts of the region to make the game more interesting, as well as using modern mechanics and giving more content to the player.

Right now we want to make Moémon sprites for all existing generations, hence why we need to be able to make a game that can contain the most we can. Giving that way the player the biggest quantity of options possible. While there is still a lot of sprites to be done, we will get there over time, thanks to our hard working artists.

Right now we have started rebuilding the game and we are at early stages of development, since I'm just started to get used to CFRU and my ROM Hacking knowledge is limited. This is partly the reason why we are aiming to get more contributors as most of our team are just spriters.

We want to keep the Fire Red aesthetic in the overworld, so it's possible we won't be making use of many new tiles, though I still consider the possibility of snow or sand tiles at some point.

We are looking for:

Programmers: People with experience in binary ROM Hacking, specially in scripting, would be appreciated if it's experience in CFRU too. While I'm in charge of the development and management of this game, I might need an extra hand for a lot of things that I don't know about ROM hacking.

Mappers: We aim to remake a big part of the Kanto region, expand some, as well as adding new maps to expand the game. So we need people with mapping knowledge tobe able to give a comfortable spin to the region, while still keeping the familiar feel of the region, in order to emprove the gamelay experience.

Spriters: Because there's never enough! If someone is interested on learning our style to make battle sprites, or making either overworld or icon sprites, they are also welcome in our team. Also for the people that is still learning how to sprite and want to improve their skills through feedback.

Some early screenshots.

fbtwz8.png
87n3iy.PNG
jp6oju.PNG

Some examples of our sprites, and there is even more than just these.

Spoiler:

If you are interested in joining our project, join our server and send me a DM, we are looking to make a ROM hack that can stand out on it's own, since it is one of the few projects of this kind, and the culmination of all the passion we have poured here over the years, as awell as the one of our future members.

Discord Server: https://discord.gg/fHPHSVNaqQ

Credits to:
- All of our hardworking and talented spriters.
- All the people that worked in the tools we're using, specially Skeli for allowing us to use CFRU.

Last edited:

Septentrion

Evilutionary biologist
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Aug 13, 2023
We are still recruiting. A lot of sprites are in placeholder status and we would like to have as many different artist as possible.

Back