• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Fire Red - Trainer Losing in battle text

Years
    • Seen May 5, 2023
    Hey Guys,
    Thanks for having me, hope this is in the right section.
    I'm making a Fire Red hack for my friends as just a bit of fun and needed a bit of help. I know nothing about scripting, so am literally just changing sprites, maps, overworld sprites and overworld text etc - that I can do just fine using the wonderful array of tools I found on here.

Here's my question - when you beat a trainer - such as Blue in the lab, before you leave the battle screen they come back and say something. In Blue's case - "What, unbelievable? I picked the wrong Pokémon!" ---> exit to overworld.
    How do I edit that? Generally I'm using Advance Text to find the Text offset and using Dumb Pokemon Editor to then actually edit and repoint the text. Has worked wonders so far.
    I'm guessing this may be impossible without scripting? But any help or tools that might allow me to do this would be really helpful.

Thanks in advance <3 (:

Last edited:
    Back