• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Intro] Hello!

Years
    • Seen Mar 21, 2024
    Hello! I'm 28 and have been a fan of Pokemon for about 21 years now! I got a Gameboy Color and Pokemon Crystal for my 7th birthday and the rest is history! I think some current favorites of mine would have to be Umbreon, Typhlosion, Hisuian Zorua, Quaxly, and Shiny Sableye. I've played one rom hack, Pokemon Coral, and am excited to dive into that side of the forum and discover more! I found the site from Chris Piche's video about the rom hack he is making (can't wait for that one to be done!) and I think I'm gonna stick around here for a while :)

Years
    • Seen Mar 21, 2024
    Oddly enough, I never caught a shiny in my life until Violet, where I caught a shiny Sableye. So I think its gonna be a staple in my life for a while haha. Crystal is my favorite! Sapphire is up there too, but I have also never played Ruby or Emerald to compare.

Alex_Among_Foxes

A lover of Foxes
    Years
  • Nice find with the Sableye! Awesome shiny color.

I also loved Crystal. I've never played R/S/E to say much about them, though I did play the remakes and those were pretty good.

Is Sableye your favorite Pokemon now? Or is there one you like even more?

Years
  • Hello!
    Welcome to the forums =3

Have you played any of the remakes such as HeartGold/SoulSilver or OmegaRuby/AlphaSapphire? If so did you prefer the originals or the remakes?

Years
    • Seen Mar 21, 2024
    Nice find with the Sableye! Awesome shiny color.
    I also loved Crystal. I've never played R/S/E to say much about them, though I did play the remakes and those were pretty good.
    Is Sableye your favorite Pokemon now? Or is there one you like even more?

I would say currently Sableye is probably my current favorite. The shiny just looks too good lol.

Hello!
    Welcome to the forums =3
    Have you played any of the remakes such as HeartGold/SoulSilver or OmegaRuby/AlphaSapphire? If so did you prefer the originals or the remakes?

I played HeartGold and Alpha Sapphire, but I didn't actually beat either of them. All of my DS games I play off and on, so I'll get back to them eventually. I really liked both remakes, got fairly far in Alpha Sapphire (I think all but the last gym) so maybe its time to pick it back up lol. I can't say for sure if I like the originals more, but they're definitely more nostalgic and easier for me to start a run when I'm needing something to play.

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 21, 2024
    Super agree. One of the nicest shinies in the series to me. I'm going to hunt for one of my own in Violet eventually, along with Weavile.
    Sadly my favorite Pokemon Absol isn't in Gen 9, at least not yet anyway...

Absol is a good choice. Hopefully they bring Absol in when the DLC drops, fingers crossed!

Years
  • Hello! I'm 28 and have been a fan of Pokemon for about 21 years now! I got a Gameboy Color and Pokemon Crystal for my 7th birthday and the rest is history! I think some current favorites of mine would have to be Umbreon, Typhlosion, Hisuian Zorua, Quaxly, and Shiny Sableye. I've played one rom hack, Pokemon Coral, and am excited to dive into that side of the forum and discover more! I found the site from Chris Piche's video about the rom hack he is making (can't wait for that one to be done!) and I think I'm gonna stick around here for a while :)

Hello Shiny Sableye, and welcome to the forums!
    I merged your 2 posts since they were in a row, but you can always edit it to change it the way you want, and respond to several people in one!

It is great to see new members who have been long time fans of Pokémon come here!
    Typhlosion was my starter in Gold, an awesome starter!
    What did you especially like in Pokémon Coral ? Have you also tried some fan games ?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 21, 2024
    Hello Shiny Sableye, and welcome to the forums!
    I merged your 2 posts since they were in a row, but you can always edit it to change it the way you want, and respond to several people in one!

It is great to see new members who have been long time fans of Pokémon come here!
    Typhlosion was my starter in Gold, an awesome starter!
    What did you especially like in Pokémon Coral ? Have you also tried some fan games ?

Thank you for doing that, I will do my best to reply to multiple at a time in the future if the need arises.

Pokemon Coral is just a really well made and in-depth rom hack. Its also a bit challenging at times, which is cool and there have been a cool optional minigame or 2 which was nice. You can tell the creator put a lot into it.

Back