• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help!! Everytime I apply some more complex patches the rom just shows a white screen with a screeching noise coming out of it! Any help is appreciated

Years
    • Seen May 4, 2024
    Hello, so I had done a rom hack that changes the sprites and then I patched it with some patches and when I loaded it with virtual boy I was greeted by a white screen with a loud screeching noise being heard from it.

I tried emulating the rom using retroarch and I even used a blank rom to patch it and see if it changes anything and I even expanded the rom to 32 mb yet I still got the same white screen and screeching noise.

When I only patched some minor graphical patches it worked alright, but after I decided to add in the patches IVs and EVs to Trainers, All Instrument Patch, Fire Red Individual Pokemon Colors, Squeetz_Music ROM Base and Fancy FireRed ROM BASE...it just refused to work.

Is this issue caused by these patches or something like that? Or I'm just dumb and did a stupid thing that broke my rom?

And more importantly...can I fix it?

Update: Now none of the patches work and all of them cause the game to crash

Last edited:
    Back