• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How to Make Transparency an option again?

Z25

Team Player
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 27, 2023
So this will be a tricky question, but I would love some help on it. So yesterday I finished my first big map, and I noticed a problem. Even if it mark as unpassable, most tiles could be walked through. In looking around, I found that the issue seemed to lay in transparency. So I went and look up some tutorials for doing that. I went into GIMP and fixed up the tiles as so:
attachment.php

In doing this, when I import the material, I get no option to change transparency. Changing the format to JPG breaks the image to. So how can I add transparency?

Does that truly fix the issue of me being able to walk through objects? As right now, I can walk through practically everything on this map:
attachment.php

However what I can walk through is marked unpassable.

I know the border isn't right, but I was going to fix that later. (It will connect to the nearby town.) I wanted to fix this passability/transparency error first though.

What could be causing this passability error? Are there ways I can fix it? Any help is appreciated! If I can get this fixed, I should be able to make everything easier to implement.

Attachments

• Screenshot (51).png
    Screenshot (51).png
    99.2 KB · Views: 52
  • Screenshot (52).png
    Screenshot (52).png
    42.7 KB · Views: 52

Telemetius

Tele*
Years
Press F9->Tilesets->Click on your tileset-> the O means passable, the X means not passable.

EDIT: I didn't read the whole post. Try setting the tiles that should be not passable in the Layer 3.

Last edited:

Z25

Team Player
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 27, 2023
Press F9->Tilesets->Click on your tileset-> the O means passable, the X means not passable.

EDIT: I didn't read the whole post. Try setting the tiles that should be not passable in the Layer 3.

That sort of worked. I put small tree stumps under the bushes and gave the bushes priority 5. They are now solid and you don't see the stump, but there's another problem. I am unable to move forward past the 3rd space on the route. It's like there is an invisible roadblock. Again none of the tiles are set to not let me pass, yet I still can't move.

What could have caused this and can it be fixed?

I tried switching out out the tileset for the map with my edited one in paint, but when I brought that in, it made the whole background purple. So I had to remove it and go back with the original.

What's causing these strange errors? I can't find anything online to help solve them.

Telemetius

Tele*
Years
If you want to keep the transparency you should save your tileset with gimp in PNG. But then again transparency doesn't affect the passability. Can you confirm that the first tile (the gray one) has priority 5? Priority affects passability.

Z25

Team Player
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 27, 2023
If you want to keep the transparency you should save your tileset with gimp in PNG. But then again transparency doesn't affect the passability. Can you confirm that the first tile (the gray one) has priority 5? Priority affects passability.

The gray one I replaced as shown in the first attached image. I still can't walk past the circled parts though.

The only object with priority is the bush tileset. As shown in the second it's at priority 5. Nothing else has any form of priority though.

Attachments

• Screenshot (55).png
    Screenshot (55).png
    144.9 KB · Views: 4
  • Screenshot (57).png
    Screenshot (57).png
    162.3 KB · Views: 6

Z25

Team Player
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 27, 2023
The very first tile, no matter what it is, should always have priority 5 and passability O.

So do I give the priority to the trees or the trail a made? (The brown tile)

Telemetius

Tele*
Years
yes that one is always left blank, with prority 5 and passability on. You should also set the bush priority to 0.

Z25

Team Player
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 27, 2023
yes that one is always left blank, with prority 5 and passability on. You should also set the bush priority to 0.

Well that fixed part of the problem. The invisible blockade is gone, but I can still walk through just about everything. On reddit someone suggested this:

"Your tileset is still in 16x16. You should scale it up by 200% to be 32x32 (which is the size best compatible with RMXP). This will mean having to shuffle your tileset around, since RMXP only works with tilesets that are 8 tiles (8x32px) wide.
edit: You also don't have to colour the background in purple if you're using gimp. If you right click, under 'layers', adding an alpha channel will cause the game to read pixel not coloured in as transparent (as opposed to white if you had been using paint)."

However the tileset I download is in 32 X 32. Unless I'm missing something.

Any idea on what to do to fix it?

And thank you for your help so far.

Telemetius

Tele*
Years
Just to be sure is your tileset's width 256 pixels?

Can you post a screen of your passage table?

Are you still mapping the obstacles on layer 3?

Z25

Team Player
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 27, 2023
Just to be sure is your tileset's width 256 pixels?

Can you post a screen of your passage table?

Are you still mapping the obstacles on layer 3?

Yup 256 pixels:
Screenshot (64).png

My table: ( Priority and Passage is shown here)
http://imgur.com/gallery/9TKF0

Don't see anything wrong but I could be missing it.

And don't know what you mean by obstacles but here is layer 3:
Screenshot (130).png

Telemetius

Tele*
Years
Yup 256 pixels:
View attachment 80287

My table: ( Priority and Passage is shown here)
http://imgur.com/gallery/9TKF0

Don't see anything wrong but I could be missing it.

And don't know what you mean by obstacles but here is layer 3:
View attachment 80288

Even after you posted the entire table I can't see anything wrong either.

The entire first line should be passable since it's blank but it doesn't seem to be the problem..

Unless there's something interfering on layer 2 or layer 1.

As a last resort and if it's not too large can you send me the project folder compressed in a zip file via PM?

Z25

Team Player
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 27, 2023
Even after you posted the entire table I can't see anything wrong either.

The entire first line should be passable since it's blank but it doesn't seem to be the problem..

Unless there's something interfering on layer 2 or layer 1.

As a last resort and if it's not too large can you send me the project folder compressed in a zip file via PM?

Sure, how would I do that though? I believe I know but I don't want to mess anything up.

Z25

Team Player
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 27, 2023
Right click on the project folder (it should be in your documents) and compress it. Then open your email provider and drag&drop it. When it's done uploading you can send it here
Sent it! It should come as a drop box link as gmail doesn't let you upload compressed folders apparently.

Telemetius

Tele*
Years
Looks like you sent me an empty default project. Maybe you saved it somewhere else?

EDIT The one we need has all the Pokémon essentials stuff in it.

Z25

Team Player
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 27, 2023
Looks like you sent me an empty default project. Maybe you saved it somewhere else?

EDIT The one we need has all the Pokémon essentials stuff in it.

Sorry, thought would do it. Sent another one, that should contain what you need.

Back