• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ROM Hack] Pokemon Advanced Adventure LP

Years
    • Age 21
    • Seen Jul 30, 2020
    Introduction
    Hello, I'm Everi! I've been playing Pokemon a while now and even attempted to do Let's Plays on Youtube... They all fell flat, though, so I'm trying this format to see if it's easier to keep up with! I'm planning to end each chapter with an important battle. Not including the first rival battle and putting the Elite Four into one basket, that should be... Roughly... 15 chapters, at least? Assuming the rival battle count is five, that is. We'll see when we get there!

More importantly, this LP is going to be for Pokemon Advanced Adventure. This is a Leaf Green romhack. The basic plot is, you're the poorest kid around and dream of being a Pokemon trainer. One day the Professor calls you up and gives you a Pokemon! This is not really out of his kind heart as much as it is his grandson going wild and taking over the region. Fun! Your job is to basically travel the region and defeat the eight subordinates blocking your path.

There's more, of course, but that's the gist! I, unfortunately, cannot post links yet, but I found a Pokecommunity thread by looking up "Pokemon Advanced Adventure rom hack". The creator is dbzmay!

With all that out of the way, I think we're ready to start! Thank you for dropping by, and I hope you enjoy this!

Years
    • Age 21
    • Seen Jul 30, 2020
    Chapter 1​
    First, we jump into a normal Pokemon intro. I decided to name my character Amber! Posting images on here is annoying, so I'll keep them to a minimum- So, to describe Amber she... Basically just looks like Misty. Our rival, who is still Gary/Green, has been named Neo.

We wake up in our house per usual. I grabbed the freebie potion from the PC and headed downstairs to talk to my mom, who made a remark about our wealth status. Then she told me to go visit Oak because, shockingly, he was looking for me and gave a Pokedex out to sweeten the deal. Then he walks off to his lab. Completely ignores a hurt Togepi too, apparently, because he was right in front of the door when I got there. When we get into his lab he tells us how his grandson is out of control. Said grandson then comes in and steals my Eevee, but that's okay because I have Togepi with me. I never got an option to rename him, but I'll be calling Togepi Tone from now on.

Anyway, Neo has 8 subordinates, we gotta beat them, that sorta drill and with that we're on our own. I went to have a chat with mom before leaving, but she wasn't much help ("What!? You're going to be put in life-death situations to save the Pokemon world!!? Okay, have fun!"). Thanks, mom. On the other hand, I talked to Neo's mom and she lowkey begged for me to bring him back home- The way he is now just isn't him. Sure, Neo's mom! As I went out to the first route I was conveniently given running shoes and 5 pokeballs by Oak's assistant. Now we're actually on our own, I think.

Our first encounter on this route is a level 3 Zigzagoon, which I catch because A) first encounter and B) I probably need something more reliable than Metronome to fight with. Metronome did pull a nice Blaze Kick at least! Our new team member's name is Sparky, by the by.

Soon after we reach the first town, which is also where the first subordinate is. The people are terrified. The subordinate is being a big stinky AND they have a cyber-enhanced Pokemon running around- Once easily described, now not. A kid informed me the Pokemon used to be Normal type, though. Walking around scored me an Old Rod, but that's about it. During my exploration, though, I found the Pokemon causing trouble. As it happens, she was once a Zangoose. I decided to take a chance and get into a battle with her.

She was only level 7, so with two level 5 team members I felt alright. One quick attack got Sparky below halfway, though, so I decided to layer up on two Tail Whips before switching to Tone. His Metronome got a Dizzy Punch (not first try) and confused her, so once she punched herself to yellow health I tried a Pokeball. It worked! We now have three team members! Her name is Banana.

This wasn't much, but it is getting around the time for me to get out of bed, so I'll end it here. Thanks for reading!

Current Team
    Sparky (Zigzagoon) - Normal - Level 5 - Female - Pickup
    >Tackle
    >Growl
    >Tail Whip
    Nature: Impish

Tone (Togepi) - Normal - Level 5 - Male - Serene Grace
    >Metronome
    >Charm
    Nature: Hasty

Banana (Zangoose) - Steel/Normal - Level 7 - Female - Immunity
    >Leer