• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Spinoff: Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Explorers of Sky - Complete Team Control Hack

Years
    • Me / That
    • Seen Mar 28, 2024

Have you ever wanted your partners to use specific moves on specific enemies? Ever wanted your partners to stop running into traps or waking up sleeping pokemon? Ever wanted them to use items from the toolbox? For a partner to just move to a specific tile? Or for your third and fourth partners to actually participate on the front lines instead of sitting back and watching you die? Yeah, I always thought free will was overrated too.
    This hack allows you to control all of your Pokemon at the same time! Press start to toggle between automatic and manual modes: during automatic mode, the game plays as it normally does - and during manual mode, after taking your turn, you're given control over your first partner, then your second, then your third, then enemies move, before you get to act with your leader again.
    I already made a version of this hack for Red Rescue Team.

INSTALLATION
    This hack can be applied to the US or EU version of Explorers of Sky, and will not work on any other version. Use flips to install the bps patch, which can be downloaded here. If flips gives you an error message about something along the lines of the ROM being too large, try restarting your computer before attempting to apply the patch again. These patches cannot be applied to ROMs which were edited, even slightly, and ROMs with these patches should not be combined with other hacks, as they use an unorthodox loading method meant solely for easy vanilla installation.
    If your US/EU ROM does not work with the patches on this post, if you want to apply this mod to an edited ROM, or if you want to combine this hack with others, using the version on SkyTemple is guaranteed to work. You can find this hack in SkyTemple on the list in the ASM Patches tab, along with a couple other mods I made which I recommend (partners trigger hidden traps and far-off pals overdrive, which by default come with the patches on this post).

KNOWN BUGS
    Spoiler:

Attachments

• EoS CTC v1.2.4.zip
      14.7 KB · Views: 78
    Last edited:
    Years
    • Me / That
    • Seen Mar 28, 2024
    Also, I'd like to explain how turn order works in PMD:
    There are going to be many times when the turn order will look weird to you, where you may be completely convinced that you're looking at a bug with my hack - especially with Pokemon who are sped up. And I assure you that the weirdest situation you'll find is likely normal! Turn order in PMD is jank. Everything below is how speed works in EoS and RRT, regardless of whether or not my hack is installed, unless stated otherwise.

(MASSIVE UPDATE: Just found out that the order for rounds is Quadruple, Double, Triple, then Normal. Also just found out that your extra turns are cancelled whenever you do an action other than moving to a tile, regardless of what round it is - before, I thought your speed turns were only cancelled if you attacked during a non-normal round.)
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2021
    I've been playing with this patch and am absolutely loving it, thank you so much! My favorite part is that I can dump a teammate at the stairs with Stay Here tactic and make them proceed after I'm done exploring, just like in RRT.

There's something I wanted to know, though: is it possible at all to reimplement the "Change Leader" function (in dungeon) from the earlier games? I'm wondering since I noticed that on your mod when I'm controlling my partners, during that one turn that they are leaders everything behaves exactly like the last game: different belly, permanent memory for their set moves, etc.

Years
    • Me / That
    • Seen Mar 28, 2024
    There's something I wanted to know, though: is it possible at all to reimplement the "Change Leader" function (in dungeon) from the earlier games? I'm wondering since I noticed that on your mod when I'm controlling my partners, during that one turn that they are leaders everything behaves exactly like the last game: different belly, permanent memory for their set moves, etc.
    The feature is actually already in the game, it was just disabled by the developers. I think there's a mod to enable it somewhere, but I didn't look into it - I just saw discussion about it on the SkyTemple discord.
    Also, I've got to mention, if you use that hack and mine at the same time - DO NOT change leaders and change to manual control mode, or change to manual mode while your leader is not your first pokemon. In RRT, this screwed with the turn order, and created potential bugs - the same will happen in EoS. I made it impossible to switch leaders in RRT while in manual mode, and made it impossible to change control modes while your leader was changed, but I never did the same for EoS, because I didn't know it was hidden in the game at the time. Nevermind, fixed this.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2021
    Hmm does not seem to work for me. Trying to install it with FLIPS just says: This patch is not intended for this rom. I am trying to patch a file called 'Pokemon Mystery Dungeon - Explorers of Sky (USA).nds' , which i know works for emulators like DraStic on it`s own. Do you know a workaround or something to try and get this resolved?

Years
    • Me / That
    • Seen Mar 28, 2024
    Hmm does not seem to work for me. Trying to install it with FLIPS just says: This patch is not intended for this rom. I am trying to patch a file called 'Pokemon Mystery Dungeon - Explorers of Sky (USA).nds' , which i know works for emulators like DraStic on it`s own. Do you know a workaround or something to try and get this resolved?

If the rom was slightly edited in any way - if its size isn't 128MB, if it has another mod applied to it, if an extra file was inserted - then that error message happens. If everything about the ROM is fine, then I've got no idea what the problem is. you can try to manually install the mod using a hex editor, following the instructions in warning.txt.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    Same thing happened to me with multiple roms. Tried with flips and several other patchers both on my phone and computer

Years
    • Me / That
    • Seen Mar 28, 2024
    If you have a windows OS, you can try installing the hack using armips instead:
    -put your ROM in the Source Code folder and rename it to PMDEOS.nds
    -download armips under the releases section on this page and put armips.exe in the Source Code folder
    -if you're using an EU ROM, open CompleteTeamControl.asm with a text editor, find "offsetsUS.asm" and replace it with "offsetsEU.asm"
    -drag CompleteTeamControl.asm onto armips.exe, or, open a command window in the folder and type "armips.exe completeteamcontrol.asm" (two warnings will pop up in the command window - ignore them, they're fine). A file called PMDEOS CTCv1.2.nds should be created, which is a copy of the ROM with the patch applied.
    If the hack doesn't work or bugs the game out after installing with this method, your ROM is incompatible. It may be possible to apply it using SkyTemple, but my hack currently isn't available on it - it will be in the next version.

Last edited:

Navarre121

Swordmaster
    Years
    • Seen Oct 21, 2023
    IDK if anyone's still watching this space, but this patch seems to work if you force apply it to a good-dump US ROM even if the checksum doesn't match. Rom Patcher JS (suggested in the 'How to play ROM hacks' guide on this forum) will let you do that, and I haven't run into any problems with it yet.

Days
    • Seen Jan 16, 2024
    IDK if anyone's still watching this space, but this patch seems to work if you force apply it to a good-dump US ROM even if the checksum doesn't match. Rom Patcher JS (suggested in the 'How to play ROM hacks' guide on this forum) will let you do that, and I haven't run into any problems with it yet.
    Damn thought I was the only one still playing this game lol.

Back