• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Survey: [Rom Base] Which Rombase is better for GBA Rom Hacking?

Mahian23

Behold my Supreme Power!
Years
  • Hi Guys,I'm confused about using which rom I should use to make my hack
    Ruby/Emerald/Fire Red? Alot of tools are incompatable for R/S/E.

Edit: Decided to use Complete Fire Red Upgrade(CFRU) by Skeli and Ghoulslash+Dynamic Pokemon Expansion (DPE) by Skeli

Last edited:
    Years
  • None of the above. I'd recommend making hacks using decomps instead (the one with a lot of new feature stuff right now is focussed on pokeemerald).

If you insist on binary hacking and using binary tools (many of which are outdated), FireRed is the most compatible these days.

Mahian23

Behold my Supreme Power!
    Years
  • Well I don't know a thing about decomp.I would go after Binary.Thanks for your suggestion.

Edit:Okay,I took your suggestion in mind and started decomp Thanks to Jaizu's Tutorial.I made my own Pokeemerald with the help of this tutorial.

Edit 2:Went back to Binary again cuz I don't know what to do with decomp repos

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 4, 2022
    im so confused with decomp. i just am trying to find a base with 807 pokemon and updated movesets and stats and battle mechanics. i remember a while ago there being one on here. but it seems as if the creator got annoyed with people asking them questions about a old rom base and took it off.

Back