• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ideas for battling: Skill points/Bounty hunter clans

Mitapu

Lunar Trainer
Years
  • I tried to post this before but the computer froze and I lost everything I wrote. So this is a short summary:

Dear Trainers,
    Back in the first few weeks of Diamond and Pearl wifi experiece, Back in a site I used to go to, we made up pokemon gangs where we try to recruit a bunch of people to join the gang. Usually you have to engage in a battle to see if you are worthy enough to join, I personally could care less if you're good or suck at pokeon. Other gangs would have ranks and listings on skills. Some gangs tweaked the rules of the standard clauses but while many worked, many flopped if the rules were reasonable or vice versa. A gang of a ruleset would challenge the other gang with their rules. if the challenged gang accepted the challenge, they would do battle in great wifi battling wars. I figure I should introduce Pokemon gang battles. It was fun for me when I joined my first gang, then later on made my own. I would love to make another gang where we can take over the pokemon world as the greatest gang ever! Muhahaha-- er, ahem. Anyway, here are the rules:

Follow the rules of the forums, that means no flaming, and stuff like that. And please show good sportsmanship.

Now, for the setup.

Rank system (my example): All of you will start as Newcomers. to promote youself, you must battle often, I will find out how many battles it will take to be promoted soon. till then, all start at Newcomers. PM me often to tell me how many battles you won.

Bounty Point rank system- For every boutny successfully hunted, you will be awarded Bounty Points (BP). For every trainer the bounty defeats the bounty point reward become higher. So if this trainer is really good and manage to defeat a lot of us, defeating him will indeed be valuable in an abundance of BP. Most Bounties will start off at 5 BP. it will escalate by 2 per defeated hunter. Here are the ranks.

~Ranks~
    Lunatic class: 100 BP
    Full Moon class: 75 BP
    Gibbous Moon Class: 50 BP
    Cresent Moon Class: 25 BP
    New Moon class: 10 BP

Member Rank system: Members can rank up based on Battles among each other. MP will be rewarded by 1 MP plus one more for every higher rank defeated. You may challenge members on your own. Just PM me the battle combatants you will face and tell me who won and what the rank the person you defeated is. I'll then approve and the MP will be yours.. at least that's the plan anyway.

~Member ranks~

Newbie: 0 MP / Defeat points: +1 MP
    Peon: 5 MP / +2 MP
    Hunter: 15 MP / +3 MP
    Assasin: 30 MP / + 4 MP
    Elite: 50 MP / + 5 MP
    Master: 100 MP / + 6

Update we are officially open, and from now on, you must be invited in order to join the clan via a battle. If you are good, you can either join, but should you refrain, A bounty may be placed on your head. Remember, this is all for fun, and Even those with a bounty on their head will probably have fun, cause you will get a platoon of challenges from our members.

Skill Points are little things that make the game more fun. I will add as many skill points as possible for people to try.

Skill Point list

Single Perfection: Win a single battle without losing a pokemon. 6-0
    Double Perfection: Win a double battle without losing a pokemon. 6-0
    Triple Perfection: Win a triple battle without losing a pokemon. 6-0
    Promotion Peon: Rank up to Peon.
    Promotion Hunter: Rank up to Hunter.
    Promotion Assasin: Rank up to Assasin.
    Promotion Elite: Rank up to Elite.
    Promotion Master: Rank up to Master.
    Victory Chain: Win 5 battles in a row.
    Unstopable: Win 10 battles in a row.
    Unbeatable: win 15 battles in a row.
    Invincible: win 20 battles in a row.
    Super Luck: Get 3 critical hits in a row.
    Stalemate: Get a Draw at the end of a battle.
    Last Resort: have a pokemon use Struggle.
    Cold shoulder: freeze at least 2 pokemon.
    Made you look: Flinch a pokemon at least 3 times in a row.
    Triple affliction: afflict three different status problems to three pokemon.
    Bomb fail: protect against Explosion/Selfdestruct
    Fast finish: knock out a weakned pokemon with a first strike attack. (Quick attack, etc) (Note: this can only be earned once per battle.)
    Get Dizzy: Confuse two or three pokemon on the field in a double/ triple battle.
    Burn Baby Burn!: Burn 3 Pokemon in one match.
    Bzzt!: Paralyze 3 Pokemon in one match.
    Caution: Poison 3 Pokemon in one match.
    Power Up: Max out any stat. (Belly Drum does not count.)
    One Hit wonder: One hit KO a pokemon without boosting up Atk/Sp.Atk stat and without using a One hit KO Move (Horn Drill, Guillotine, etc.)
    Locked: disable a pokemon from switching out. (Block, Mean look, Spider Web, Etc.) (Shadow tag doesn't count.)
    Jailbreak: Switch out a pokemon that is "Locked" (Shed shell, Baton Pass)
    Suicide: KO a pokemon at the cost of your own pokemon fainting. (Life orb DOES count, Explosion, Double edge, Destiny bond, Final Gambit, etc.)
    Sacrifice: cause your own pokemon to faint with an move that does NOT KO an opponent. (Memento, Healing wish, Grudge, Etc.)
    Plot Foil: Cause a pokemon to Struggle. (Taunt- when a pokemon has no atk moves, Imprison, Spite, Grudge, Pressure, etc.)
    Backstabber: Attack or lower a stat of a teamate in double battle (This could also count in the case of Helping a teamate. Ex: Heal beam, Water absorb, Flash fire, etc.)
    First Aid: Heal a teamate (Heal beam, wish, Lunar dance, Healing wish, etc)
    Poker Face: switch out and send out a pokemon immune to the opponent's attack on the same turn.
    King Me: defeat at least 3 pokemon with a single pokemon.
    Checkmate: win the battle when left with one pokemon.
    Shuffle: Force the opponent to switch out. (Ex: Whirlwind, Perish song, Etc.)
    Dice roll: Use a multiple hit attack and strike 5 times.
    Last Laugh: use an attack that enables the opponent to strike first before you strike.
    Uno: at full HP, Survive an attack with only one HP remaining. (Focus sash/ Sturdy doesn't count.)
    Hazardgrounds: Lay all types of entry harzards on the opponets field (1x Stealthrock, 2x toxic spikes, 3x spikes)
    Watch your step: Lay at least 3 Entry hazards on opponent's field
    Sweep the Floor: Use Rapid spin to clear all entry hazards.
    Hazard Fail: Avoid damage from entry hazards (Magic guard, Levitate, etc.)
    Kill Two birds with one stone: KO 2 pokemon at the same time in a double/ triple Battle
    Strike 3: KO 3 pokemon at the same time in a triple battle.
    Crook: swap or steal items/abillity/stats with allies or opponent
    Going Nowhere: KO a pokemon switching out
    BRB: KO a pokemon while switching out
    What Goes Around: reflect a status effect or deal a status effect based on the opponent's move (Magic bounce, Magic coat, Syncronize, etc.)
    Power Down: Drop any stat down by three points.
    Powerless: Drop any stat down to it's lowest point
    Omnipotent: Boost up all stats (Except Evasion/Accuracy) by one

Anyone can help me expand this challenge.
    There will be a discussion on wether skill points can be exchanged for MP or should it be a seperate Point system.

if there are any questions, Mods feel free to PM me. I'd be happy to explain the best way I can.

Back