• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Teaching new move through move tutor is not working[SOLVED]

Years
  • I mean, I do know what the basic problem is. I just don't understand why it's not working.
    I'm trying to get a move tutor to teach new moves to Pokemon. It's not working for any of the moves I added, but it'll work for the moves Essentials comes with, even though I'm positive that I did it correctly, since I can teach the Pokemon the move via debugging. I also tried teaching Pikachu Catastropika through TM and it worked, but when I try teaching another Pikachu through move tutor, it doesn't work.

Here's an example of what I did:
    Spoiler:

Oh, and if it helps (for whatever reason,) I basically just copied a move for the "Z-Move," (not really a Z-Move. No crystals are involved) pasted to the bottom, and changed the name, damage and number of the move. So they're not technically new moves, but they are. (The move in the example is basically just stronger Psychic.)

Thanks in advance.

Edit:

Check the tm.txt file and see if your move is there.

This was the problem. I didn't want to bump this topic up. Thanks!

Last edited:
    Back