• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Slight pause before making choices

Years
  • Is there a way to make it so that all 'show choices' options in the game have a small delay before a choice can actually be selected? I feel like a lot of times if the player is scrolling through the text before a choice option, they may accidentally keep pressing the button and select 'choice 1' before the choices even finish fully displaying on screen. The pause probably only needs to be about 10-20 frames long.

It doesn't sound like it would be too hard to change, but I'm not very good at scripting, so I'm not sure if it's something as simple as adding a new line in one of the existing scripts or if it would require creating a whole new script to add before main.

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
  • That kind of works. Except the pause then happens before the choices show up. So it's basically text -> pause -> show choices. I was hoping to find a solution that allows the choices to show up before making the player wait for 20 frames.

Back