• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Script✓] Running Shoes script in Emerald not working

Years
    • Seen Mar 4, 2022
    It's what it says. Basically, I don't know what's wrong, but the player just can't run afterwards. I'm not sure what's wrong. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

My script is this:
    #dynamic 0x481DD4

#org @start
    lock
    faceplayer
    checkflag 0x8C0
    if 0x1 goto @gotten
    checkgender
    compare 0x800D 0x1
    if 0x1 goto @girl
    goto @boy

#org @gotten
    msgbox @highway50 0x6
    release
    end

#org @girl
    msgbox @highway48 0x6
    setflag 0x8C0
    release
    end

#org @boy
    msgbox @highway49 0x6
    setflag 0x8C0
    release
    end

#org @highway48
    = Yo dudette want some shoes?\pYOU: I-\pPERSON: Say no more.\p(You obtained the running shoes!)

#org @highway49
    = Yo dude want some shoes?\pYOU: I-\pPERSON: Say no more.\p(You obtained the running shoes!)

#org @highway50
    = How are those shoes treating you?\pYOU: I have five blisters.\pPERSON: No you don't.\pYOU: Actually I don't,\nyou're right.\pI was just saying that to be mean.\pPERSON: You need to learn how to\naccept gifts.\pYOU: Well it wasn't so much a\ngift as a shoving off onto.\pPERSON: That phrase was dumb,\nbut you're welcome.

Last edited:
    Years
  • How are you implementing the script? It could just not be running properly due to some reason or another.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 4, 2022
    Okay I'm coming back to this finally to say that I just fiddled with the map type or whatever it's called; I changed it to 'show village names' and it worked. So I guess that was it.

Back