• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Another Weavile/Exeggcute Deck sorry Profen :(

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2013
    This deck is very similar to Profens deck sorry about that but i came up with this one with me and my friends. I didn't know Profen made a similar deck at the time. Sorry :(

Anyway this is how the deck goes

Pokemon: 17
    4x Eevee PF
    4x Exeggcute PF
    3x Sneasel
    2x Weavile
    2x Espeon PF
    2x Flareon PF

Supporters: 14
    4x Professor Juniper
    3x Team Plasma Grunt
    2x Colress
    2x Cheren
    2x Skyla
    1x N

Items/Stadiums: 18
    4x Team Plasma Ball
    3x Pokemon Communication
    3x Pokemon Catcher
    2x Switch
    2x Frozen City
    1x Float Stone
    1x Level Ball
    1x Escape Rope
    1x Life Dew (Ace)

Energy: 11
    5x Dark Energy
    4x GFPD Blend Energy
    2x Double Colourless

Total: 60

This deck is for competitive play!

Ok this deck isn't completely finished i need about 3 more level balls and no team plasma grunts since I won't have any plasma cards to put into the discard except for plasma balls and plasma pokemon
    The strategy is pretty obvious Exeggcute's ability makes it so we can use Weaviles move vilify constantly using this strategy we could be hitting opponents for 120 damage for two energys every turn the eevee's are useful as well Flareon is used for the same as weavile except its for every pokemon in the discard pile Flareons attack Vengeance does 20 damage and 10 more damage for every other pokemon in your discard pile

Espeon is used to take out pokemon like Deoxys EX quickly as it's attack Shadow Ball does 80 damage because of Deoxys weakness being psychic this also because of Deoxys being an EX you can quickly take 2 prize cards Espeons attack. Espeon can also take out other pokemon really quickly as well with this attack as it does 40 damage normally with no resistance and weakness.

Please help me improve this deck with out changing it to drastically

Thanks!

Steve Blockhead

Years
    • Seen Apr 26, 2015
    I was thinking about having flareon just because of the discarding pokemon. Though it was just going to overload my deck with pokemon and i wanted to have 4-4 Weavile. I assume the plan is Weavile to start and Flareon to clean up. I feel like a big basic deck might be a challenge for this deck. Because it seems like wouldn't be able to comfortably hit over 120 more than once or twice. With only 4 attackers in your deck i cant say for certain that this deck will do well.

I feel like darkrai will be a huge threat to this deck. It can easily tank 1 hit from anything you have unless you unload pretty much every pokemon to knock it out. In turn it can 1 shot the weavile and espeon then potentially take 3 prizes in 2 turns if it snipes for eevees.

Landorus is also something else that will destroy weaviles in 2 hits and snipe for an additional 30 for only 1 energy.

Keldeo is another thing to watch out for. As all it needs is 3 energy to power up and konck out Flareon, even without water energy. So it could be 1 DCE and a random energy from hand, discard, or maybe switched onto it.

I've also played a bit with my roommate who runs Articuno Exs. Those things are pretty scary. As they can 1 shot you with the help of 1 Deoxys. Or choose to frozen prison and paralyze you. Also for Deoxys, dont consider espeon a counter to it. Deoxys is easily charged in 1 turn, it can OHKO espeon, and all espeon will do is 80 damage.

These (but not limited to) will all give your deck serious trouble, since you cant OHKO them but they can do that to you and possibly benched pokemon as well.

Though i do know that you probably want to remove Colress from your deck. You have a max of 7 benched pokemon, since you should never bench exeggcute. You probably will only have maybe 2 or 3 pokemon on your bench since nothing you have can tank hits. Though i dont like relying on my opponent to be able to draw cards.

N is probably a better bet than Plasma Grunts, since it is standard in most decks. I find the first 2 turns are key with Weavile decks. With top priority is getting exeggcute into discard and weavile onto active. So being able to draw 6-7 cards first 2 turns is really helpful.

That being said i also suggest the 4 plasma balls being Level balls. Since the only thing you are missing with those is flareon. Then you can toss in ultra balls as well. Since you can freely toss in Exeggcute instead of other important cards. Other cards that are really helpful in this deck are super rods. It allows you more wiggle room to discard pokemon for vilify. Revive is also nice to pull a non exeggcute from your discard to vilify.

Either way, Weavile decks seem to be meant to be played as fast decks that dont allow your opponent to set up. Because once they do you most likely lose. So you need to stack your deck with things to speed up the early turns. Stuff like Juniper, N, Level and ultra balls, energy searches and other good stuff to ensure you get a few early knockouts. I also added a First ticket and Ghetsis into my deck to further slow my opponent if i happen to draw them together or with computer search.

I would suggest Leafeon over Espeon, or Flareon for that matter. Leafeon imo is the best Eevolution. Hitting for 20 for each energy on your opponents side of the field is way stronger than either of those could be. Its also the perfect counter to anything with energy acceleration. Blastoise/Keldeo especially. Plus its only weak to fire, and lets face it. Fire is pretty non existent. The Flareon would only help against steel or grass types, and those dont threaten your deck that much. Espeon does help against certain fighting types. I feel like Eevolutions are best played as tech/counters, rather than secondary attackers. Honestly, if i were going to add in Eevees. I would go 2 Leafeon, 2 Umbreon. Getting Weavile past the 100 hp mark, would greatly increase its chance for survival. There are just so many things that hit for 90+ damage. Or maybe even 3 Umbreons and 1 Leafeon. Maybe a Darkrai as well to allow you to switch into Umbreons so they can tank hits while you ready Weavile.

Another idea is maybe running Mew since it can also use Vilify and be slightly safer and quicker to put into play and also use attacks of your opponent. Or mewtwo since you are running DCE.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2013
    A thing about the Espeon not being a great counter towards Deoxys EX the people I go against never actually use deoxys in battle its always on the bench just to power up attack s with its ability. I do however agree with most of what you said and i would definitely use umbreon and leafeon the problem is either i just have dumb luck or they are quite rare because i opened a plasma freeze box quite recently and i only pulled 1 leafeon and no umbreons. Even though i probably would be easily be able to obtain them with the people in my local league by trading they are quite rare and i doubt they would have 3 umbreons i also traded my leafeon away for some other cards i can't remember what they were. Darkrai is quite a problem i agree with that but most players in my league simply do not use their Darkrai decks as they rather use the plasma or other decks they created themselves this is not an excuse but if you can please give me advice what I could possibly do to perhaps reduce the risk of darkrai tearing up my deck since i am a n00b to the tcg.

I know Team plasma grunts suck for this deck so I am going to change them with some other cards with N like you said so thanks for the suggestion :D

If theirs any other deck that could potentially help this deck out please let me know

Years
    • Seen Apr 26, 2015
    Well if you want some sort of Tech vs Darkrai and not really change this deck too much. I would suggest carrying a Mr. Mime. It can protect your bench if you need it. And if you dont you can just throw it at your opponent.

I just added Audino PF for different but similar reasons. As it can help against Articuno Ex (or other paralysis attacks) or against a Gothitelle that prevents item cards to heal off damage and status effects. But can also be flung. i might change it out for something else if i find something better. Though now that i think about it. Mr. Mime might be a better bet.

Also umbreon isn't too rare. I opened a booster box and got 2. And randomly packed a few and my roommate managed to trade for 3 of them. But yeah leafeon is just too good to not run one if you are using Eevees at all.

As for Deoxys. Idk about everyone else. but i specifically run it to smash certain EXs and power up my Weaviles. If i had one more my weaviles could hit the magic number of 170 with only 4 Exeggcute tossed and that would be amazing. I found that i will use it in pretty much any match up as it can power up in 1 turn with Colress machine. Though it requires me to have a blend, which i have 3 of them now. I cycle through my deck amazingly fast that i pretty much out pace everyone else in terms of decking myself out. So its usually get atleast 1 deoxys powered up and have it attack while i power of weavile and search for Exeggcute.

Though if you want to murder Deoxys that never attacks and protect yourself at the same time. You should just spend your catchers bringing them out. They would have to either burn a switch, a few turns attaching energy or other stuff like that to save it. And in turn you can smash it and grab 2 prizes.

I also feel like you should drop the DCE. Yes i understand it helps Flareon attack in 1 turn. but thats all it does. Instead you could run Plasma Energy and Colress machine. As it can benefit all of your pokemon, and allow flareon to attack i 1 turn as well.

Another thing that might help out your deck is to reverse the pokemon count. 4-4 Weavile and 3-3 Eevee. Weaviles are just better than those 2 Eevolutions, since they are there for tech support, there should be less of them and more of your main.

One of the main issues that really bothers me about this deck. Especially since I run one with a similar mission. Is that you only have 7 basics you want in play out of 17. making it really hard to get a decent starting hand. Sure you wont mulligan as much since you technically have 11 basics. But the chances of you drawing only Exeggcute first turn are too high imo, leaving you easily "Donked" T1. Leaving me thinking the only way to really run a Weavile deck competitively is to have a few big basics in your deck. Deoxys and Darkrai are probably your best choices. Instead of trying to run another pokemon line. I also feel like i have to mention that even if you start with Eevee on T1 and get an Evolution T2. There is almost no chance that it will be helpful and you will probably be down 2 or 3 prizes. Espeon needs that blend and Flareon needs the pokemon in the discard. So really all you have is 2 early game attackers in your deck.

Back