• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

A few issues.. (Screen Calibration / images)

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
Years
So on the issues with images, latley I've noticed this blue icon in the bottom-left corner with two arrows like so: >>.
8hipAtB.png

Also when I watch Netflix on Firefox (incase that helps.) and turn up my brightness some. When I go back to desktop / internet. The colors and stuff is way off. Even if I turn down my brightness. Imagine a bright iOS 7 with brownish whites.
I tried the display calibration in Windows 7, but I can't seem to get that right. I want to know why it happens.

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
Remember what you installed in the last few days? What did you install before all that happened? Were any Windows updates installed?

MKGirlism

3DS and Wii U Game Developer
Years
I don't get what you mean by "blue arrow".
I see it, but do you mean you see it on every single image, or what?

As for the second problem, try attaching another or a second screen to your PC (Laptops and Tablets too).
If your PC has an HDMI Port, you might use your TV as the other/second screen.
Does the problem exist on the other/second screen too?

countryemo

Years
Remember what you installed in the last few days? What did you install before all that happened? Were any Windows updates installed?

Yes there was Windows Update installed, but the I think the arrow problem was before that. I don't think its something I installed as it's not on the other computer.

I don't get what you mean by "blue arrow".
I see it, but do you mean you see it on every single image, or what?

As for the second problem, try attaching another or a second screen to your PC (Laptops and Tablets too).
If your PC has an HDMI Port, you might use your TV as the other/second screen.
Does the problem exist on the other/second screen too?
Yes every single image and some music files. It's everywhere and annoying. I'll get back with the other one, but I think it did a little.

Legendary Silke

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
Yes every single image and some music files. It's everywhere and annoying. I'll get back with the other one, but I think it did a little.

(Did you mean "video" for the latter?)

Check your graphics driver's control panel's colour correction settings. That one functions independently from Window's own colour profiles.

countryemo

Years
(Did you mean "video" for the latter?)

Check your graphics driver's control panel's colour correction settings. That one functions independently from Window's own colour profiles.

Nope. Well i checked. It effects pictures, music, videos.

I was thinking of doing something like that. How do I?

Legendary Silke

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
Nope. Well i checked. It effects pictures, music, videos.

I was thinking of doing something like that. How do I?

Right click your desktop.

If you have an Intel GPU, check Graphics Properties.
If you have an NVIDIA GPU, check NVIDIA Control Panel.
If you have both of the above, check only the first one.
There should be an equivalent for AMD/ATi.

Sometimes the settings can, and will, go wonky (as I've seen back when I was using a Vista-era desktop with a Vista-era NVIDIA GPU). Had to crank up the GPU output "brightness" because it got chopped to the minimum.

Are you doing it on battery? If yes, check power-saving options within the GPU control panel, too. Some power-saving technologies can, and will tweak output colours...

perthskies

Nostalgic
Years
So on the issues with images, latley I've noticed this blue icon in the bottom-left corner with two arrows like so: >>.
8hipAtB.png

Hello countryemo,

I was intrigued by those blue arrows: reminded me of a similar overlay when Dropbox syncs a file. And indeed after doing some searching those blue arrows are from Norton 360 which relate to backups...

This link explains how to disable it:
http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...mb-nails/d30b0cf1-bb98-4e39-93d7-49cd63e78687

About your second issue sorry not sure about that one - hopefully MKGirlism and Twiggy's ideas help!

MKGirlism

3DS and Wii U Game Developer
Years
Twiggy's idea relates to Software issues, my idea relates to Hardware issues.
Both should be tested, in my opinion.

Back